2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

53 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

What about Michkov potentially dropping due to teams not thinking he wants to come here? He is likely the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft...would the Sabres risk it at 13 if he is there?

"If" he is still there, yes....but too many teams drafting ahead of us will not pass him up.  

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I suggested this possibility weeks ago in the draft thread.  Odds are that he drops some since he can't come here until 2026, but I doubt the Caps draft some one else if Michkov is available.

Is there a NHL player that you can compare to Michkov?

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

What about Michkov potentially dropping due to teams not thinking he wants to come here? He is likely the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft...would the Sabres risk it at 13 if he is there?

Yea I think they would but Michkov will be drafted in the top 10.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Is there a NHL player that you can compare to Michkov?

Corey Pronman said Kucherov.

"I chose Kucherov because while he’s a slightly better skater and has more physicality than Michkov, he can also score a lot of goals and both have special hockey sense."

https://theathletic.com/4510314/2023/06/07/nhl-draft-2023-player-comparisons?source=user-shared-article

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Random thought/question,  is Östlund better or worse than the 31/32 player going in this draft?

I think Otto Stenberg is a slightly better prospect comparing their draft years.  Östlund was more productive in the J20, but Stenberg was significantly better in international play, especially in the WJC-18.  Stenberg also played significantly more SHL games in his draft year (23) to 11 for Östlund.  I have Stenberg 24th on my draft board.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Really hope he drops to the Sabres

Benson is a wildcard for me in the top 10. Like Savoie he could drop because of his size but the talent is world class. I can’t see him making it to 13. He is from BC and if he makes it to 11 Canucks should be running to the podium. But stranger things have happened.

Adams likes his family connections so I would imagine Perrault is an option for sure as well as MaCarthy later in the draft.

Perreault is definitely in play around 13. He is most often in the 11-18 range.

His skating needs work but there is skill there in order to break Auston Matthews’ USNDTP record.

The NHL parent plus knowing KA doesn’t hurt. American kid with Canadian bloodlines and HOF Sabres name would make people happy.

I still want Simashev more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Really hope he drops to the Sabres

In watching the WHL Final, Benson was the better player than Savoie. Both had the instincts and the awareness, but Benson was more dynamic and shiftier. Of course, paired together on the same line in Winnipeg they were simply eaten up and beaten up by bigger, but just as fast Seattle T-birds guys playing aggressive defense. If Benson is the pick, then you might as well trade Savoie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.