John Gibson nixed a trade to buffalo ?

Buffalonill

I would be shocked if John Gibson nixed a trade to Buffalo this year. I believe JBOT tried to acquire him years ago and maybe he nixed it then.

However, if this was true, it certainly would eliminate half the posts going around regarding acquiring a goalie with no term or no big money. Gibson has something like 5 years at $6.4M left.

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’m not concerned about guys who nix a trade to Buffalo. KA said it a thousand times he wants guys that want to be here. In a couple years guys will be clamouring to join this team. I’d prefer guys that want to be difference makers now than the bandwagon types.

I agree, I just hope that the "in a couple years" part comes true. Remains to be seen. 

I think everything would shift in that regard if Patrick Kane did in fact sign here after his Chicago contract is done. Speak publicly about how great it is to be home and such. Might change all the perceptions around faster. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I’m not concerned about guys who nix a trade to Buffalo. KA said it a thousand times he wants guys that want to be here. In a couple years guys will be clamouring to join this team. I’d prefer guys that want to be difference makers now than the bandwagon types.

The couple years part might not happen unless we get a goalie first, or unless UPL/Levi develops fast.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, bunomatic said:

Maybe, just maybe, it's not just Kevyn Adams NOT being interested in signing a decent goalie?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.