Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I am OK with him staying in Sweden one more year. He has only been playing second division over there so he needs to play SHL before coming over. The AHL grind would wear him down physically, he’s still kind of small at 163 lbs. Get some Swedish meatballs into him then come over.

He is only 19 and some more time at home won’t hurt him.

He is in line for a big role on their WJ team playing in front of a home crowd.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, French Collection said:

I am OK with him staying in Sweden one more year. He has only been playing second division over there so he needs to play SHL before coming over. The AHL grind would wear him down physically, he’s still kind of small at 163 lbs. Get some Swedish meatballs into him then come over.

He is only 19 and some more time at home won’t hurt him.

He is in line for a big role on their WJ team playing in front of a home crowd.

The only concern is Ice Time. 

The SHL isn’t exactly known for giving ice time to younger players, as was the case with Isak Rosen who was/is on the smaller size and needed to gain mass as does Östlund. 

Rosen went to Rochester in His DY+2 Season and as you know took huge steps as per Seth Appert. Having complete control over how Östlund develops maybe better in the long run. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The only concern is Ice Time. 

The SHL isn’t exactly known for giving ice time to younger players, as was the case with Isak Rosen who was/is on the smaller size and needed to gain mass as does Östlund. 

Rosen went to Rochester in His DY+2 Season and as you know took huge steps as per Seth Appert. Having complete control over how Östlund develops maybe better in the long run. 

Ultimately it is up to him to decide. If he is confident the SHL team will give him a fair amount of ice time that would be important. Generally ice time is earned so he may struggle vs established veterans.

If it is Skelleftea that signs him, it is a long way from his hometown of Stockholm, almost a 9 hour drive. Rochester might be better, especially with a few Swedes on the team. He has played with Rosen, his feedback may sway the decision.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Kamloops beat Seattle. Seattle leads that series 2-1. We want Kamloops to win because since they host the Memorial Cup whoever they play on the WHL finals also automatically go to the Memorial Cup.

Kamloops vs Winnipeg would guarantee the Ice a spot in the Memorial Cup.

I’m curious to watch Seattle though, Lambert, Milic.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:24 AM, French Collection said:

Ultimately it is up to him to decide. If he is confident the SHL team will give him a fair amount of ice time that would be important. Generally ice time is earned so he may struggle vs established veterans.

If it is Skelleftea that signs him, it is a long way from his hometown of Stockholm, almost a 9 hour drive. Rochester might be better, especially with a few Swedes on the team. He has played with Rosen, his feedback may sway the decision.

The fella who is supposedly related to KA hinting on another site that Östlund may be in Rochester next year if I am interpreting his rather vague statement correctly.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Any Östlund sightings around Rochester?

Lance Lysowski confirmed he was in Buffalo to meet with the team doctors yesterday and will be spending time in Rochester as the team tries to convince him to over and play with the Amerks next year

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like the talent level for Östlund, but is he physically strong enough for the AHL? I don't believe he's as strong as Rosén was this time last season and Rosén had a very tough start to this season in Rochester. I think he's since hit his stride and I'm not really as worried about Rosén as I was even as recently as the New Year, but I'm concerned Östlund may not see the same growth.

Or maybe he comes over here, slams some hot wings and a few garbage plates, hits the weights, and enters October as a specimen of a man.

18 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I like the talent level for Östlund, but is he physically strong enough for the AHL? I don't believe he's as strong as Rosén was this time last season and Rosén had a very tough start to this season in Rochester. I think he's since hit his stride and I'm not really as worried about Rosén as I was even as recently as the New Year, but I'm concerned Östlund may not see the same growth.

Or maybe he comes over here, slams some hot wings and a few garbage plates, hits the weights, and enters October as a specimen of a man.

Rosen himself may still have a long way to go to become "strong" though?!?!  I understand your point, but I think they both may need to get much stronger, wherever that can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

He played with men in Sweden this year, so that should help.

3 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Adams went out of His way to praise Nick Craven, who is the Amerks strength and conditioning coach and  the job he has done. Appert in an interview mentioned how he connected Craven with the lead trainer of the USNTDP who developed a training method for increasing lean muscle mass during the season. 

One takeaway from Adams interview was why he didn’t keep Chris Taylor in Rochester was that he wanted the coaching staff to stress development. Appert has done this by setting up a daily regimen for the prospects including time in the shooting room, weight room in addition to time on the ice.

This has lead to positive results with Quinn, Peterka, Kulich and Rosen. 

I think Rochester is the best place for Östlund. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.