Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Do we know if any Russian prospects will be able to leave Russia? I’d like to see Novikov in Rochester next season, but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Neuchev and Novikov are UFAs as of tomorrow.

I imagine the Sabres will follow the protocols to get them both signed to ELCs 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Do you see them as just Rochester players ?

Or nhlers someday 

Novikov definitely has NHL Potential. 

Rumor has it he fell in the draft because there was concerns about him leaving Russia, but there is a report he refused to sign an extension in the KHL

Neuchev is a long term prospect. 

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Rumor has it he fell in the draft because there was concerns about him leaving Russia, but there is a report he refused to sign an extension in the KHL

Novikov has 3rd pairing big physical defensive dman traits.

Neuchev is very young but the kid has star traits to him. If he develops properly he could turn out to be an impact player 3 years from now.

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Thanks honestly i know nothing about the Russian prospects so thanks  

For Novikov what type of game does he play ? 

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Novikov has 3rd pairing big physical defensive dman traits.

Neuchev is very young but the kid has star traits to him. If he develops properly he could turn out to be an impact player 3 years from now.

The clips I’ve seen of Neuchev show a highly skilled player. Good skater, puck handler and shooter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He'll be conscripted into the Russian army...

• Like (+1) 1

Östlund, Neuchev, and Novikov would be an injection of talent to the Amerks akin to Quinn, JJP, and Samuelsson -- but I think with 1-2 year longer runways on each which is better for Rochester. Neuchev in particular is a high-ceiling if he can become a team-/vision- and 200-game talent as opposed to "just take on the MHL myself" type.

19 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Östlund, Neuchev, and Novikov would be an injection of talent to the Amerks akin to Quinn, JJP, and Samuelsson -- but I think with 1-2 year longer runways on each which is better for Rochester. Neuchev in particular is a high-ceiling if he can become a team-/vision- and 200-game talent as opposed to "just take on the MHL myself" type.

The longer runway is better for Rochester and Buffalo.  We need time to digest all these new players and figure out who stays.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

The kid played a full season in the KHL at 19 and half a season last year. He doesn’t turn 20 until July.

Should add he was getting meaningful minutes this season and some PK time. That’s worth mentioning because KHL teams roll 8 dressed D on the bench which reduces minutes and makes getting PK exposure all the more interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.