Playoff GDT - 5/4/22 Belleville @ Rochester 7:05 pm AHLTV (?)

inkman

-That was probably the worst officiating of any hockey game that I’ve ever attended in my life. 

-The crowd was amazing all game long.

-First Amerks playoff win in 8 years. 

-The hit on Weissbach early in the 1st was ugly. He seemed to be unconscious. Apparently the refs were also unconscious, since there was no call. 

-Dell made about a half dozen incredible saves in OT. The Amerks were lucky to win the game. They were clearly gassed at the end, and were being outplayed.

-Meatballs, Cozens, Subban were not far behind me. Said hi, seemed like nice people. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Good game for Krebs. That is the type of development you want to see him get. Playing centre too.

Quinn is going to need to get stronger. He was getting bodied off the puck to easily tonight.

Fitz is a tweener. Can be a dominant AHL player but a 7th dman at the NHL level.

Krebs was fantastic. Two things stood out for me:

• You could see the game he tries to play in the NHL work in the AHL because the game is a tad slower. The curls and cutbacks free up open ice and the high risk passes are on the money.
  • He was so much better than he was in December in Rochester; the skill was there then, but tonight he was so much more in sync with the game. Development is real.

Belleville was playing dead puck era hockey. They had hands and sticks on everybody all the time and the refs let them. Quinn was a constant target. He didn’t quit or look intimidated, but he didn’t fight through it either.

Fitz was clutch.

Dell was more lucky than good, but I’ll take it.

What the hell happened to Weissbach? He looked more wobbly than I can remember someone looking in a long time.

That one might climb into Belleville’s heads. They played the way they had to for 45 minutes but couldn’t hold on. And you’d think the refs aren’t going to be giving them that many favours 2 games in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

Went to the game. Super fun period and overtime. Tough first two periods. The posts here have been spot on. Weissbach shouldn't have been moved. That whole incident was tough to watch. 

There was a tool sitting behind me with full Belleville swag on. With his wife and baby. Was totally chirping for two periods (Yelling "scoreboard" over and over) and then getting peeved for the crowed being too loud for his baby. His wife looked miserable. Dude was in the obnoxious stratosphere. So satisfying to watch him skulk out. I'm not one to taunt, but I did say "Hey" and when he looked up pointed to the scoreboard and told him he shouldn't mess with the hockey gods.  I hope the Amerks can close out, but it won't be easy. I'd love to go to another game in the next series. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BMWR100RT said:

Went to the game. Super fun period and overtime. Tough first two periods. The posts here have been spot on. Weissbach shouldn't have been moved. That whole incident was tough to watch. 

There was a tool sitting behind me with full Belleville swag on. With his wife and baby. Was totally chirping for two periods (Yelling "scoreboard" over and over) and then getting peeved for the crowed being too loud for his baby. His wife looked miserable. Dude was in the obnoxious stratosphere. So satisfying to watch him skulk out. I'm not one to taunt, but I did say "Hey" and when he looked up pointed to the scoreboard and told him he shouldn't mess with the hockey gods.  I hope the Amerks can close out, but it won't be easy. I'd love to go to another game in the next series. 

This is where you buy him a shot and a beer. They go down quick lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hate the movie Titanic, but this is epic and brought a tear to my eye

Meh. 

The refs had to have been super upset when that goal was scored, after all of their hard work all game to ignore blatant penalties and icings. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I've gone frame-by-frame, but still couldn't tell you that Arttu score.  I'm willing to take his word for it, though.  This frame was pretty cool:

ArttuGameWinner.thumb.jpg.3a1ce17c9cd24d648ae5ef347ee3bdc2.jpg

Looked to me like Murray tipped it and Arttu never touched it.

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Meh. 

The refs had to have been super upset when that goal was scored, after all of their hard work all game to ignore blatant penalties and icings. 

Yeah, the reffing left some serious room for improvement there.

It was rivaling some of the worst youth reffing there is.  At least in those games there's the excuse that the refs are still learning themselves.  No idea what these guys excuses were.

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, the reffing left some serious room for improvement there.

It was rivaling some of the worst youth reffing there is.  At least in those games there's the excuse that the refs are still learning themselves.  No idea what these guys excuses were.

Gotta wonder if Justin Kea was going out of his way to not look like he was favoring Rochester, being a former Amerk and all.  

I’d like to think the league would understand the conflict of interest potential or at least the perception of it but I know this bush league can’t get out of its own way just like it’s daddy. 

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

Gotta wonder if Justin Kea was going out of his way to not look like he was favoring Rochester, being a former Amerk and all.  

I’d like to think the league would understand the conflict of interest potential or at least the perception of it but I know this bush league can’t get out of its own way just like it’s daddy. 

Kea was one of the refs?  Didn't realize that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.