NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

On 5/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Hank said:

Preds in six. Colorado won't be physical enough. 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:09 PM, Buffalonill said:

I'm with Hank.

Colorado is soft like pudding 

As I've said every time the Sabres add a Dalton Smith or lose and we hear from countless posters about how they aren't physical enough, it doesn't matter if the talent level isn't there. 

Colorado is significantly more talented than Nashville and clearly has grit. Guess the pudding made the Predators sick.

Edited by LGR4GM

Florida damn lucky tonight. Just shows you how a series can turn in a few moments. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

As I've said every time the Sabres add a Dalton Smith or lose and we hear from countless posters about how they aren't physical enough, it doesn't matter if the talent level isn't there. 

Colorado is significantly more talented than Nashville and clearly has grit. Guess the pudding made the Predators sick.

Except the Predators didn't play all that physical in the series. I think it's clear they pretty much lost their will to live when Saros got injured. They knew they had no real shot without him and played like that for the most part. Yes, their fill in goalie played well, but that wasn't enough to reignite their desire. 

Also, to your ongoing thesis, yes, you need the talent, everybody knows that, but not just the talent, and the two are not mutually exclusive. Don't know why you can't get that. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Florida damn lucky tonight. Just shows you how a series can turn in a few moments. 

Except the Predators didn't play all that physical in the series. I think it's clear they pretty much lost their will to live when Saros got injured. They knew they had no real shot without him and played like that for the most part. Yes, their fill in goalie played well, but that wasn't enough to reignite their desire. 

Also, to your ongoing thesis, yes, you need the talent, everybody knows that, but not just the talent, and the two are not mutually exclusive. Don't know why you can't get that. 

Just like the 98-99 Sabres. They worked their tails off to get to the Cup final.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Don't know why you don't get what I said. Probably because it's easier for you to ignore my point to continue hocking yours. There was a reason a mentioned Dalton Smith, why can't you get that?

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The issue here is not that Colorado won even though they are soft.  They aren’t, in addition to being vastly more talented.  The issue is just that those were terrible takes.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He didn’t say that physicality or toughness or grit isn’t needed.  The point was that even if Nash is a little more physical than Col (are they?), the Avs are obviously ridiculously more talented, so picking Nash to win because of toughness was silly.

• Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Curt said:

He didn’t say that physicality or toughness or grit isn’t needed.  The point was that even if Nash is a little more physical than Col (are they?), the Avs are obviously ridiculously more talented, so picking Nash to win because of toughness was silly.

saying jeff goldblum GIF

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Dalton Smith?! Really? There are better ways to make your point than going to the ridiculous extremes.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dalton Smith?! Really? There are better ways to make your point than going to the ridiculous extremes.

I was told that the Nashville Predators with their backup goalie would best the Avalanche because "physicality" and yet you wanna call me out for "ridiculous extremes".

I don't have to make any point. The Avalanche did it for me. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I was told that the Nashville Predators with their backup goalie would best the Avalanche because "physicality" and yet you wanna call me out for "ridiculous extremes".

I don't have to make any point. The Avalanche did it for me. 

As we have always pointed out whenever this topic comes up, they still have to be good players. You act like we say an AHL team of tougher thugs will always win.

Also, you are the only one who brings up hits when talking about playing physically.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

As we have always pointed out whenever this topic comes up, they still have to be good players. You act like we say an AHL team of tougher thugs will always win.

Also, you are the only one who brings up hits when talking about playing physically.

Did I say hits? Can you quote that here so I can see it? 

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Saying the Preds would best the Avalanche is basically 1 degree of separation from this. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Did I say hits? Can you quote that here so I can see it? 

Not in this thread.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Saying the Preds would best the Avalanche is basically 1 degree of separation from this. 

I’m not saying that wasn’t a silly statement.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh so we're just going to go in circles. I'm done, if you can't read the first post that started this I can't help you. 

Any team can win a single game. Heck the Sabres did it every once in a while ten years. In a seven game series between close teams, being physical matters. You can pretend it doesn’t.

Adding a Dalton Smith does not matter. Ever. It was a dumb point to make. No one ever thought that adding him was going to help the Sabres win. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Any team can win a single game. Heck the Sabres did it every once in a while ten years. In a seven game series between close teams, being physical matters. You can pretend it doesn’t.

Adding a Dalton Smith does not matter. Ever. It was a dumb point to make. No one ever thought that adding him was going to help the Sabres win. 

It wasn't because many posters believe it does matter. "Deterrent" and helping the kids feel safe was used. But hey, you're deliberately missing the point or using the smallest part of it to have the conversation you want. 

Avalanche swept the Predators because the Avalanche are more talented. Period. 

Being physical can be a talent and it can compliment a team well, especially in the playoffs when the play is more intense. You can be physical and talented, they're not necessarily a dichotomy. 

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Being physical can be a talent and it can compliment a team well, especially in the playoffs when the play is more intense. You can be physical and talented, they're not necessarily a dichotomy. 

100% agree. 

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It wasn't because many posters believe it does matter. "Deterrent" and helping the kids feel safe was used. But hey, you're deliberately missing the point or using the smallest part of it to have the conversation you want. 

Avalanche swept the Predators because the Avalanche are more talented. Period. 

Get over your holier than thou bs. As if you aren't doing just that. If you cared to notice, i have agreed with everything you said, but using Dalton Smith as an example of why you are right was and will always be a stupid argument. 

There are better ways to make your point than going to the extreme. Hey, I heard little guys can be good in the NHL because there was this one little guy who was really good, you may have heard of him, Martin St Louis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.