Official Sabres Sign First Overall Pick in 2021 Owen Power to His ELC/Debut Is Tentatively Scheduled versus TML on 4/12

Brawndo

7 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

He's played some on the right side with Dahlin hasn't he at times?  If they send down Bryson and we have to stomach more of Butcher I might hurl.  A tall boy left side of Dahlin (6'3"), Power (6'5") and Samuelsson (6'4") is beautiful.  Now if we can just get guys to push Jokiharju down the right side pairings.  Cough....Nemec!   Though he'll be gone before we ultimately pick 8th.  lmao. 

Maybe when Joker was injured but they've been paired up for most of the season and I don't think DG will mess with that pairing, I think they'll pair Power withe Colin Miller and possibly either keep Samuelsson/Fitzgerald or Samuelsson/Bryson. It's going to be fun to watch down the stretch. I would have really liked to see Jack Quinn up here after his injury, I would have liked to get a glimpse of what was to come but I guess we'll have to wait until next season for that.

Also no way on another defensemen that high, we need some goal scorers to add to this group in a big way.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

wonder if Butcher thought about playing forward... dude can skate and has a shot... put him on 4th line in place of Eakin... anyone say yes?

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if Power plays a game for us then we lose a year of him in the future?

Yes, it's the way of the college player.  If your No. 1 OA pick wants to come out now you don't say no.

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Name something else Eakin contributes besides winning 1 extra draw a game?

With his linemates he does contribute to making a good pressing and defensive line. When another's team top line needs to be stymied, this is the line that DG calls on.  

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

With his linemates he does contribute to making a good pressing and defensive line. When another's team top line needs to be stymied, this is the line that DG calls on.  

Sure, but any player plus Girgs and Okie give you that line. 

Except Butcher.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yes, it's the way of the college player.  If your No. 1 OA pick wants to come out now you don't say no.

Just say no!! I'm already upset over losing him in 2029...or when ever the hell he leaves 

Instant gratification ... sugar high...whatever. Just spouting off here 

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if Power plays a game for us then we lose a year of him in the future? 

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Just say no!! I'm already upset over losing him in 2029...or when ever the hell he leaves 

Instant gratification ... sugar high...whatever. Just spouting off here 

I think I disagree. Only because he's a defenseman. Because they take longer to develop, you can get them for cheaper on their next deal because they haven't become who they are going to become yet. Burn that year.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

wonder if Butcher thought about playing forward... dude can skate and has a shot... put him on 4th line in place of Eakin... anyone say yes?

Does he have a shot? Is he a good skater?  I haven’t seen much evidence of either. 

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Except Butcher.

I'm not sure that is the case. There is no doubt that at this stage of his career he is a limited player. He's a veteran player who knows what his role is, limited as it may be. Some people have this fixation on Eakon as if he is a major drag on this team. I don't see it that way. He has a clearly defined role as a defensive player, and he plays within that role. And although some people are dismissive of his ability to win draws in critical situations, he's our best player in that role. 

It's probable that he won't be on the team next season. His life span as a hockey player in a long career is concluding. Although he may not be much of an impact player, he fulfills the role that he is assigned. I just don't believe that he deserves the scorn that he attracts here. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Name one thing removing Eakin from the lineup and replacing him with Will Butcher at forward would improve

putting the puck in the net... skating... there that is 2

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

Does he have a shot? Is he a good skater?  I haven’t seen much evidence of either. 

he does though you dont see it often ... probably more than Eakin hits the net

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Lol.

And this is the line that gets hemmed in often because Eakin is absolutely trash at every hockey skill except faceoffs

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Except Butcher.

I player who I believe would be a good fit for the Girgs and OK line next year is Asplund. He plays a hard and full-length defensive game. And there is the added benefit that he is already on the roster and could more suitably be used when he gets bumped down by the additions.  

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure that is the case. There is no doubt that at this stage of his career he is a limited player. He's a veteran player who knows what his role is, limited as it may be. Some people have this fixation on Eakon as if he is a major drag on this team. I don't see it that way. He has a clearly defined role as a defensive player, and he plays within that role. And although some people are dismissive of his ability to win draws in critical situations, he's our best player in that role. 

It's probable that he won't be on the team next season. His life span as a hockey player in a long career is concluding. Although he may not be much of an impact player, he fulfills the role that he is assigned. I just don't believe that he deserves the scorn that he attracts here. 

He's a drag every single time he is on the ice. Missed passes, loses battles, can't shoot, mediocre skater, bad at receiving passes, extremely limited stick skills. Eakin is a black hole of uselessness on the ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Lol.

And this is the line that gets hemmed in often because Eakin is absolutely trash at every hockey skill except faceoffs

Tell that to the HC who keeps putting him and his line out on the ice. What you see and perceive is not what the HC sees and perceive. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I player who I believe would be a good fit for the Girgs and OK line next year is Asplund. He plays a hard and full-length defensive game. And there is the added benefit that he is already on the roster and could be more suitably be used when he gets bumped down by the additions.  

Asplund and Girgs were drafted as C’s.

I think they will need to work on their face off skills to replace Eakin but they are definitely an upgrade in every other area.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Tell that to the HC who keeps putting him and his line out on the ice. What you see and perceive is not what the HC sees and perceive. 

I think Granato is wrong and if you watch the games, after we score out comes eakin and unless Dahlin, Okposo, or Zemgus bail him out, eakin just skates in circles taking up space while the other team gets zone time. 

Edited by LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin is the worst forward on the Sabres and it's not particularly close. He deserves more scorn but this board in particular loves faceoffs and guys who hit stuff regardless of their ability to actually be decent at hockey. 

I tried but I got this message.

“This is an automated response. LGR has already used up all Sabrespace circuits allotted to Cody Eakin scorn for today. Please delete your post and try again.”

😜

Also, you don’t actually think this board likes Eakin?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

***** amazing that ppl will defend Eakin cuz he's a 55.6% faceoff player while just acting like his 39.3% corsi and 23.8xgf doesn't really matter and it's obsessive to point out he's literally dogshit at all other aspects of hockey. 

Meanwhile Rasmus Dahlin has a single mediocre play in any game and it's 10 posts about how maybe we should trade him or he's not that good, he's soft, whatever bs gets said. 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I tried but I got this message.

“This is an automated response. LGR has already used up all Sabrespace circuits allotted to Cody Eakin scorn for today. Please delete your post and try again.”

😜

Also, you don’t actually think this board likes Eakin?

Yes, I think some ppl do at the least value him even though he's worthless. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.