GDT: 3/27/2022: Buffalo at NY Rangers: 5PM EST, MSG, MSG+, WGR

Billssabres33

Terrible play on OT.  No zone time, no zone entries, no confidence, no shots.  

Granato better review what was happening out there.  I only saw the 3rd and the OT and they looked bad to me, almost as bad as the Edmonton game. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

Bad decision by Tage.

Not sure what the angst is about for OT in general though.

They had the puck the whole time.

I don’t even know why you would make that long stretch pass to Dahlin. Yes he’s pretty good offensive defenseman, but he’s not the guy I’m sending on breakaways.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Good to fight back for the point, poor once it was tied at 3-3 and again at 4-4. However, with the exception of EDM this month of March has been very good hockey.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Good to fight back for the point, poor once it was tied at 3-3 and again at 4-4. However, with the exception of EDM this month of March has been very good hockey.

7/3/2 in what has been probably the toughest stretch of games in the season.

First line was bad tonight. Probably was the difference.

• Like (+1) 3

Eh, it's a point in one of the better teams in the league's barn. I'll take it.

Terrible first 10 minutes, followed by ~ 30 minutes of mostly beating their brakes off, followed by a mostly bad 3rd period & turrible overtime.

Some goods and some bads to take from this. Need to remember this is still a pretty young team that is going to be at a significant talent disadvantage most nights. That we're getting a point out of these games as opposed to losing 5-1 is a huge step in the right direction.

Watch the tape and learn from the good and the bad. On to the next one...

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

7/3/2 in what has been probably the toughest stretch of games in the season.

First line was bad tonight. Probably was the difference.

Fitz and butcher were on the ice for goals three and four.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

The Rangers have something on the Sabres and the Sabres are going to need to figure it out at some point 

See the post above this.

• Like (+1) 1

Entertained GIF by ABC Network

6 months ago this was a loss.

3 months ago if we were in the game, happiness.

1 month ago, just please do your thing.

today....

we are well above the Deluca .500 and I had a great afternoon yelling at the boob box on a cold snowy Sunday in fringin March.

Life is good.

• Like (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They essentially played keep away in the nuetral zone. No real attempt to attack the net. Not a fan of that strategy if it is in fact one.

They couldn’t figure out how to penetrate the offensive zone for the entire third period and in the 3v3.  Something the  Rangers we’re doing was stalling the attack.  Looked to me like 3 Rangers standing on the blue line.  

The OT neutral zone skate-fest looked like timid hockey.  

oh well, another point against a better team.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

Butcher was horrible all game except for 1 time, when he scored. He makes Miller look really good, because I don't notice Miller near as much.

We're gonna be in a much better place when we have Power on the ice, even with his inevitable growing pains, than Butcher soon. Right now guys like Butcher, Eakin and Bjork serve a purpose. They should be passed over for better players next season.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.