OT: Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died

SDS

My favorite band playing today. This is awful. We have tickets for three concerts coming up this summer. I don’t think the band can live through this. He’s like what John Bonham meant to Led Zeppelin.

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Aw man that sucks. My buddy has tickets to a show in Victoria in Oct. R.I.P. 

I have at least three pairs of tickets to see them this spring and summer and was going to attend another one. This was the concert series that was going to bring us out of Covid. We even bought tickets to watch them virtually when music was shut down. It’s beyond awful.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Baby Reaction GIF

I gave you a thumbs up because I thought the GIF summed up what everyone’s thinking right now.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

My favorite band playing today. This is awful. We have tickets for three concerts coming up this summer. I don’t think the band can live through this. He’s like what John Bonham meant to Led Zeppelin.

Or Neil Peart to Rush.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Saw them in Toronto in 2018, this hurts. 

Sad The Office GIF

I can’t begin to imagine, man.

And yet, I think back to when I saw Rush twice on their Test For Echo tour: first in downtown Buffalo, the second at Darien Lake - knowing that Neil Peart is gone.

Maybe not in the same league, but this would be like Cannibal Corpse losing Alex Webster and/or Paul Mazurkiewicz.

Edited by FogBat
  • Like (+1) 1

Already hear that it may be drug OD...big difference between Neil Peart (my favorite drummer by far) if that is the case as Neil died of natural causes (cancer) while Taylor like Dave's old bandmate destroys themselves using drugs. Stupid waste of life...so sad for his family wife of many years and two kids

49 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Already hear that it may be drug OD...big difference between Neil Peart (my favorite drummer by far) if that is the case as Neil died of natural causes (cancer) while Taylor like Dave's old bandmate destroys themselves using drugs. Stupid waste of life...so sad for his family wife of many years and two kids

Not the time to judge.  If there ever is a time to judge, now certainly is not it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Not the time to judge.  If there ever is a time to judge, now certainly is not it.

My first instinct is to say, what a shame.  But really, regardless of cause of death, what a shame.

Totally selfish take….. they were one of my bucket list bands.  After the show this past Fall I told my son, next time I’m splurging and we’re gonna be front and center.  Even if they hire a new drummer it won’t be the same.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Weave said:

My first instinct is to say, what a shame.  But really, regardless of cause of death, what a shame.

Totally selfish take….. they were one of my bucket list bands.  After the show this past Fall I told my son, next time I’m splurging and we’re gonna be front and center.  Even if they hire a new drummer it won’t be the same.

I have seen them seven times. This summer I decided I was going to buy tickets to every concert I can go to in Beaverton the first five rows of every show. If they cancel this tour I am out a boatload of money upgrading my tickets.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

It is a shame.  And to be clear, I don't think it is ever right to judge anyone's choices in this life.  I don't agree with many things that people do and I would not do them, but it's not my job to judge anyone.  

13 hours ago, SDS said:

I don't know that Dave Grohl can make it through this. When Hawkins was in a coma in 2001 he reportedly almost quit, I can't imagine it's ever going to mean the same to him anymore without his partner in crime. Their relationship was the beating heart of the band.

My wife and two friends met him in Chicago when we saw them at Wrigley. We happened to be staying in the same hotel as the band. He was on the phone when they walked by and completely fangirled out on him (intelligent 40 somethings reduced to babbling teenagers because they were unexpectedly starstruck). He flashed that smile and took a selfie with them, completely unfazed by it.

Was looking forward to seeing them at the return of Jazzfest this year, it would have been my 6th. Reminds me of how I felt when I heard about Cobain and Cornell. This ******* sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, transient said:

I don't know that Dave Grohl can make it through this. When Hawkins was in a coma in 2001 he reportedly almost quit, I can't imagine it's ever going to mean the same to him anymore without his partner in crime. Their relationship was the beating heart of the band.

My wife and two friends met him in Chicago when we saw them at Wrigley. We happened to be staying in the same hotel as the band. He was on the phone when they walked by and completely fangirled out on him (intelligent 40 somethings reduced to babbling teenagers because they were unexpectedly starstruck). He flashed that smile and took a selfie with them, completely unfazed by it.

Was looking forward to seeing them at the return of Jazzfest this year, it would have been my 6th. Reminds me of how I felt when I heard about Cobain and Cornell. This ******* sucks.

Welcome back!!

You should stick around.  We won't bite.  At least not on the first date.  Well, maybe Inky would.  Am I right @inkman?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, transient said:

If you’re talking about 2015, I was there with my wife. We had an amazing time, but we weren’t so lucky to have that experience!

3C13B959-C485-4C83-B804-64CEFD16838A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

If you’re talking about 2015, I was there with my wife. We had an amazing time, but we weren’t so lucky to have that experience!

3C13B959-C485-4C83-B804-64CEFD16838A.jpeg

That's the one, with Dave and his broken foot jamming from the guitar neck-themed iron throne. We were on the infield about 20 feet to the right of the platform. Amazing show.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.