GDT: 3/10/2022, Vegas Knight @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ESPN+ 📺 and wgr 📻

LGR4GM

So the question becomes... if the Sabres play a really solid 2nd and maybe get a couple calls to go their way and bury a power play...   can the Sabres do enough to get the ESPN announcers talking about them instead of Eichel? 

You can't boo the children! -- is the Sabres' media dept. thinking.

• Like (+1) 2

What's interesting is Kevin Weekes is on this broadcast... he was possibly intentionally instrumental in the Eichel trade by "leaking" a bogus rumor about Matt Tkachuk coming over from Calgary for Jack.  It was right after that when VGK pulled the trigger on the trade.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On the radio broadcast it was said that this might be the biggest crowd of the season. Any estimates from the watching crowd? Irritated that this is not on NHL Center Ice. 

Actual cheeks in seats are probably like 12,500. 
But they’ll announce something like 15k

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What's interesting is Kevin Weekes is on this broadcast... he was possibly intentionally instrumental in the Eichel trade by "leaking" a bogus rumor about Matt Tkachuk coming over from Calgary for Jack.  It was right after that when VGK pulled the trigger on the trade.

The whole Eichel saga was choreographed like a Broadway musical.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

OK I just ordered the stupid Hulu channel, how the hell do I find the game

Just speak it in your remote if you use Comcast…

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Just got the game cast, I guess I will just cancel this crap after we break Eichels leg tonight.

ESPN+ alone is cheaper than signing up with Hulu. I realize you’re probably on a free trial.

Here is what I think Granato pre-game message was to the team:

Eichel rejected us.  He didn't want to be part of this, which is a shame because we are on the brink of something really special.  We have to fight hard every shift to prove to Jack that he was wrong.  Tonight, and in the future, the Sabres are, and will be, the better team.

• Awesome! (+1) 2