GDT: Sabres @ Leafs 7:30pm, 3/2/2022, on 📺 and 📻

LGR4GM

Just now, Jävə Keith said:

Pleasantly surprised by our team defense this period. Frustrating Toronto gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling.

I feel like Pysyk and Hagg have played well together tonight.  We may end up losing both players eventually, but they seemed steady as a pair of vets playing within themselves against the speedy Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I was thinking to myself that the Leafs certainly have an abundance of skilled talent, but for some reason I don't see this team going very far in the playoffs.  I feel like they're still missing some key pieces. 

They’ll bow out in the first round because that’s what the Leafs do. It’s in their DNA.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He needs to stop thinking the Eakin line is the go to line after a goal. They are atrociously bad at ever completing simple passes.

Correct. They are not Luce, Ramsey and Gare.  That line almost always played immediately after a goal by either team.  Having a 50 goal scorer on the checking line was nice.  

• Like (+1) 1

"It's not about getting rid of the puck, it's what play is there to be made."  Marty Biron on Peyton Krebs.  Preczactly, Marty.

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Oh much much muuuuuch better 😉

Yeah, sorry 'bout the giraffe.  He's moved so far beyond that.  The gif is hosted on some random meme site though and I don't have it linked from my phone.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I was thinking to myself that the Leafs certainly have an abundance of skilled talent, but for some reason I don't see this team going very far in the playoffs.  I feel like they're still missing some key pieces. 

They're very skilled but too fancy.

Would love to hear the locker room talk right now… Better come out strong and smart… Play fast… Finish…

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Correct. They are not Luce, Ramsey and Gare.  That line almost always played immediately after a goal by either team.  Having a 50 goal scorer on the checking line was nice.  

This would be an interesting offseason thought...

Because the team is so young (and will be next year) and lacks depth, should they look at getting together a pure energy line as a 4th line?

A line that plays OK defensively if they get hemmed in, but if they get the puck into the offensive zone they're dumping and punishing the defense. Like Vegas' inaugural season. Lots of hits. A few fights. Fewer than 10:00 per night.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He needs to stop thinking the Eakin line is the go to line after a goal. They are atrociously bad at ever completing simple passes.

My dream is that next year we have a REAL fourth line.  For instance, I could easily see Mitts-Cozens-Okie as a fourth line to go up against other teams' top lines and still have some scoring punch.

9 minutes ago, Believer said:

Sabres skating, shooting, attacking the net… Love to see this effort…

I wish we could see it more.

Over the last decade of awfulness, the one constant is when they hustle, when they push the play, they succeed.  They simply don't do that enough.

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wonder who will have more goals/points going forward in their careers, Eichel or Thompson 

Wow.  What a concept.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

My dream is that next year we have a REAL fourth line.  For instance, I could easily see Mitts-Cozens-Okie as a fourth line to go up against other teams' top lines and still have some scoring punch.

We don’t have the talent to drop Mitts and Cozens to the fourth line.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Not sure if Marty's tie is supposed to be blue and gold for the Sabres or blue and yellow for the Ukraine.  I like to think that it's for the Ukraine.

I'm just now realizing the Sabres colors are 🇺🇦 

At least close enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Pimlach said:

We don’t have the talent to drop Mitts and Cozens to the fourth line.  

Don't we?

Bring up Quinn, Peterka and any center for line 3, limited use, O-zone faceoffs, and get a Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm just now realizing the Sabres colors are 🇺🇦 

At least close enough. 

How cool would it be if they could get a set of gold hockey pants to have blue over gold like 🇺🇦 ?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.