2021-22 NHL games you've been to outside Buffalo

Doohickie

Every once in a while you hear about a Sabrespacer going to a game on the road, whether they traveled there from Buffalo or live in that city now.... so this thread is for those people.  What games have you been to outside the KBC?

I'll be going to the Sabres @ Stars on 2/27.  It's a 1:00 pm game (2 pm ET).  Just got my ticket; I'll be going with a friend that I usually watch Bills games with at the Bills Backers Bar.  I think @Spoonman said he's going too (but will be hanging with some friends in a suite). 

Matt and I will be sitting several rows behind the Sabres' bench.
image.thumb.png.18c371b3d7816e56e5df76d8131ee6f7.png

What about the rest of you?

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

I've live in Vegas so I go to the Sabres game every year here. Still haven't won yet at T MOBILE Arena but hopefully soon. As I left the game I bumped into Dylan Cozens parents on the escalator. They noticed my Lafontaine jersey and were really friendly. I told them to tell Dylan not to give up. Buffalo sucks right now but hopefully with him and the prospects, this team will turn it around soon. We are glad he's a Sabre and they appreciated that. They were happy to talk to a Buffalo native and we're surprised by all the Western NYers living in the desert going to the game. Pretty cool except for the loss.

I've been to a bunch of DUCKS / KINGS games vs SABRES. Planning on going to the COYOTES in Phoenix next season.

• Like (+1) 2

It's been awhile, but I've seen the Sabres play in Philly a few times when I lived there, DC a couple times, MSG, and 2006 Game 1 in Carolina. I think that's all of them, and those are all more recent than the last time I saw them in Buffalo, which would have been 98 or 99 when I still lived there.

• Like (+1) 1

I go up to Vancouver occasionally. Haven't in a few seasons due to covid and the fact the Sabres looked like poop. 

I wanted to go to the Seattle game early this seaosn, but do to cost, covid, and my wife not feeling it because she just got back from visiting Buffalo we chose not to... But the Seattle Arena is supposed to be impressive so I look forward to a game there in da future

• Like (+1) 1

I've been to no-longer-existent Aud in Buffalo, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit and Reunion Arena in Dallas.  I have also been to still-existent American Airlines Center in Dallas.

I was just checking.  In the DFW area, the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) goes from downtown Ft Worth to downtown Dallas in less than an hour.  Cheap ($12 round trip I believe) and don't have to worry about parking or traffic.  But it doesn't run on Sundays.  There's another rail option:  The TEXRail from downtown FTW to DFW Airport, then catch the DART Orange Line from the airport to downtown Dallas.  But to do that it will take about two hours.  If I really wanted to be urbane I could take a bus from my house to the downtown Ft Worth station but that would add yet another hour each way.  (There is a plan to extend TEXRail to within about a mile of my house but that's probably still 5-10 years away.)

I'll probably drive (or ride with my friend I'm sitting with).

I've been to Dallas (5X), Nashville, Miami and Tampa Bay. Dallas was by far the easiest to get tickets for and it has become a pretty good hockey town. Nashville was awesome, the city, the clubs and the auditorium but getting tickets was horrendously bad. The times I was in Florida the crowd was sparse and there appeared to be as many Sabres fans as the locals could muster although from TV coverage it appears that's changed with the teams fortune lately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.