GDT: Sabres at Knights Feb 1, 2022 10PM

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Let's not forget we sent them a 6th round pick and Carrier to protect Ulmark. In hindsight they should have let Vegas take Linus which would have forced us to address goaltending years ago.

Carrier was useless so I don't really care

Borgen is meh in Seattle so right idea not to do anything there either

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It’s hard to get the naysayers to buy into this.  Either you have this in you or you don’t.  I can’t blame fans being at their wits end. It’s been a long miserable decade or so.  

I’m choosing to buy in.  The likes of Tuch, Krebs, Dahlin, Samuelsson, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Power, Johnson, Portillo, Levi and hopefully Mitts, Olofsson, and all that draft capital are the foundation of this team for a decade. 

Et tu, inky?

Hell I'm in.  Pass the Hopium bong.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Damn Hulu ESPN+ crap again 😡

I pay enough for friggin spectrum. i’m not paying even more for other streaming services on top of that. money sucking bastards.

The nhl requiring you to have 3 services to watch games is stupid

Need help… Signed up for free trial with Hulu to watch the game tonight… but don’t see it as an offering… Saw NHL as a channel to browse, but it doesn’t show any games… Anybody know use Hulu??

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Carrier was useless so I don't really care

Borgen is meh in Seattle so right idea not to do anything there either

Makes one wonder about all the angst about losing Borgen.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The nhl requiring you to have 3 services to watch games is stupid

All you need is ESPN+.  

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Makes one wonder about all the angst about losing Borgen.

All you need is ESPN+.  

Signed up at ESPN+ $6.99… Cheap price for equivalent of center ice seat… 25 rows up 😎

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Need help… Signed up for free trial with Hulu to watch the game tonight… but don’t see it as an offering… Saw NHL as a channel to browse, but it doesn’t show any games… Anybody know use Hulu??

You may need the bundle w espn+ and Disney+? Both ESPN+ and Hulu should have them on the home page then. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Damn Hulu ESPN+ crap again 😡

I pay enough for friggin spectrum. i’m not paying even more for other streaming services on top of that. money sucking bastards.

Opposite problem for me. I recently dropped (money sucking) spectrum TV and went to Hulu LIve with ESPN+ package because I thought most of the games would be shown there, only to find they're blacked out locally.  First game I'll get to see in a few weeks.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This would be fun 

Isn't there a team in the ushl that doesn't play positions? Power played for them I believe and played some C and F. They essentially just rotate around the ice during play.

It was in one of his many interviews where he talked about it.

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

You may need the bundle w espn+ and Disney+? Both ESPN+ and Hulu should have them on the home page then. 

Hulu was clunky, didn’t show the game on the home page, so using espn+… Ready to rumble!!… Go Sabres!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How do you do that when so many people have sworn off the Sabres?

I think the timing is right for ownership to make changes to dawn the new era. I don't think they will, they just assume it'll all be fine when they start winning (and it probably will be) but lessons could be learned from Vegas and Carolina. Make the place fun. More stuff for kids, families. More side entertainment. You throw a few bucks at it and you can make it an entertainment event, not just a hockey game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think the timing is right for ownership to make changes to dawn the new era. I don't think they will, they just assume it'll all be fine when they start winning (and it probably will be) but lessons could be learned from Vegas and Carolina. Make the place fun. More stuff for kids, families. More side entertainment. You throw a few bucks at it and you can make it an entertainment event, not just a hockey game. 

I have hopes this is part of the plan, just not yet. Reinvestment is coming after the year of austerity has passed.

That stuff falls flat in an empty arena.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have hopes this is part of the plan, just not yet. Reinvestment is coming after the year of austerity has passed.

That stuff falls flat in an empty arena.

That's true. There has to be a feeling of optimism and a solid progression. I'm hoping (as I'm sure everyone else here is) that this is the moment and next season we start rising and rising quickly. The timing is right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.