Connor McDavid goal that deserves it’s own thread

SDS

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well ya, it's a great goal, but that's what you're going to get in a league where you don't play the body any more. Perreault had the skill set to do the very same thing, but in that league near impossible. 

What a weird, made up attempt to discredit an amazing play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah, Perreault was sick. But could he really hit the same speeds as Connor with the same quick twitch stick handling? I've never seen highlight videos of anyone that show anything quite like it 

McDavid has played the sport at a higher level of aptitude than any human alive, ever. 

That’s not Wayne’s fault, either. He was born in 1961.

49 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah, Perreault was sick. But could he really hit the same speeds as Connor with the same quick twitch stick handling? I've never seen highlight videos of anyone that show anything quite like it 

No. McDavid is the first and only player with the hands and speed combination he has offensively. He’s likely going down as a top ten player all time.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Yes.

He couldn’t. And it’s not his fault necessarily. What McDavid does and the ways to get there didn’t exist back then. The stick technology alone is a massive advantage to McDavid.

2 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

No.  The defense on that play was embarrassing.  Four Rangers helplessly waiving their stick at him. There seems to be a generation of fans who think it’s illegal to play the body.

You’re trying so hard. Just stop. It was a great play.

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

It might be sad but I can never enjoy McDavid highlights due to the lottery. Every time he does something otherworldly I just feel cheated

Well, Wook, I don't want to make light of your sadness, but maybe now we can just close our eyes and pretend that the terrible tank never happened and we didn't come in second in the lotto in 2014 and 2015.  With the two top picks from those drafts no longer here we can finally move on and enjoy our team for what it is.  

If it's like none of that ever happened then maybe you will be able to enjoy McDavid for what he is ... the best hockey player in the world right now and perhaps the best ever.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No. McDavid is the first and only player with the hands and speed combination he has offensively. He’s likely going down as a top ten player all time.

He couldn’t. And it’s not his fault necessarily. What McDavid does and the ways to get there didn’t exist back then. The stick technology alone is a massive advantage to McDavid.

Then I will make the arguement that 11 was better at it.  11 could do and did what McDavid did in that video and back then the D would not be ***** footin' around.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

It might be sad but I can never enjoy McDavid highlights due to the lottery. Every time he does something otherworldly I just feel cheated

And for this thread to come a day after the last of the tankfruit was given away makes it burn even more. 2+ seasons pissed away, followed by even more of futility.

I wonder who will get good enough this year to trade next offseason. There’s already talk that we should get rid of Dahlin. Maybe we should trade Power even before he has a chance to disappoint us.

Yes I’m pissed.

***** the Tank.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.