Who's going to be captain?

Buffalonill

Who's going to be captain?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you truly believe will be captain?

• Zemgus Girgensons
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Jeff skinner
    • Craig Anderson
    • Dylan Cozens
    • Other

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If Granato doesn't know who the leaders in the room are, he's not doing his job.

Long term leaders I mean.  I guess we just have a difference of opinion on that.

I think the idea of changing the captaincy around from player to player is not very practical in most cases.

I would have been fine with Okposo as a stop gap captain for a couple years though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jsb said:

I'm a bit confused why anybody would care or waste energy on this. It doesn't matter who they name or don't name for that matter that will mean a hill of beans as to how this season will play out. Is there anybody on this squad that's a sure fire thing to be the best player on this squad in 2 years and lead this team to the promised land, nope. Girgs and Kyle are the longest tenured Sabres and vets on this team, let them keep the A's and hopefully someone will step forward by the end of the year or next. For that matter who cares who's lines everybody is on or what Defensive pairs are put together, does anybody truly believe the right combination of guys will get this team to the playoffs?? Hopefully we'll be entertained and that's the best possible outcome for this season IMO.

You typed that very goodly and the term is not trade marked.  I actually borrowed it from M*A*S*H* (hey oh, @PASabreFan).

That said, the enter key is your friend.  Me thinks you could have used it once in there someplace.

😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I would have given one of Girgs/Okie the C and given out a third letter to.... somebody, even if the intent was to rotate it around.  I just hate not having a real C.  It implies (to me) a team that doesn't have its ***** together.

The team definitely does not have it together right now.  You don’t have a ten year track record like the Sabres and have anything together.  They are the worst run franchise in modern NHL history since the current ownership took over.   It would be amazing if Adams and Granato are the guys to turn it around but it will take time.  We have a good prospect pool and more future assets coming.  

I agree with Granato.   I feel like we really don’t have a captain so they shouldn’t just name one.  Let the leaders emerge. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

I suspect having only 2 A’s is because the roster is so young and none of them have really demonstrated readiness for a leadership role.

Maybe that changes midseason.

Well that's true, and I agree with the assessment, but from an organizational point of view it's a mixed message. On the one hand they are saying none of the kids are ready while at the same time all the marketing and press releases etc are things like Mitts ready to assume #1 role, and Cozens shows his leadership etc etc. you've all seen and heard it. 

We know that stuff is marketing BS, but not having 1 younger guy given a role to step up into is imo an admission that this team is really really bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that's true, and I agree with the assessment, but from an organizational point of view it's a mixed message. On the one hand they are saying none of the kids are ready while at the same time all the marketing and press releases etc are things like Mitts ready to assume #1 role, and Cozens shows his leadership etc etc. you've all seen and heard it. 

We know that stuff is marketing BS, but not having 1 younger guy given a role to step up into is imo an admission that this team is really really bad. 

This is no different than signing players to make sure there is competition in training camp.  This is a carrot on a stick approach.  The prize is out there (the C), let’s see who wants it bad enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.