Who's going to be captain?

Buffalonill

Who's going to be captain?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you truly believe will be captain?

• Zemgus Girgensons
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Jeff skinner
    • Craig Anderson
    • Dylan Cozens
    • Other

12 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Here's a qualification for any new captain. Unite the team against the sociopath owners and go on strike until they allow Jack to get the surgery that he wants as a HUMAN being. That would be real leadership; not just some smiling, eager beaver yes man like Cozens seems to be. Adams and the Pegulas are disgusting humans in how they've treated Jack. Absolute scum. A real leader would recognize this. Kinda like how real parents wouldn't aid and abet a son murder his fiancee and cover it up.

There are several other threads fully dedicated to discussing the John Eichel situation.  Please, if you must post this stuff, at least post this stuff in there.

I went with other, because I think it will be no one, but that wasn’t an option.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think they will go without a captain this season.

If it were Adams making the call I'd agree with you.  In the end it's the HC's decision and I think Donny Meatballs will announce 2 A's and a C at the close of preseason.... or possibly when the starting lineups are announced on opening night (picturing Rip with a hot glue gun sticking letters on the captains in the tunnel after warmups).

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If it were Adams making the call I'd agree with you.  In the end it's the HC's decision and I think Donny Meatballs will announce 2 A's and a C at the close of preseason.... or possibly when the starting lineups are announced on opening night (picturing Rip with a hot glue gun sticking letters on the captains in the tunnel after warmups).

I think it’s a decision that the GM gets some input on.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's a bench call.  The GM manages the player pool, the coach manages the on-ice activity.

I understand what you are saying.  If you had to put the responsibility in just one person’s jurisdiction, then yes, you would say it is the coach’s decision.

However, I don’t think it’s usually as black and white as that.  I think the GM and coach generally discuss these things and arrive at something of a consensus.  Just like a GM manages the player pool, but I would hope he is regularly talking with the coach about what types of players he needs in the lineup and reaching something of a consensus on that as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I think people might be surprised, I think Casey has a shot at the C.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:47 PM, etiennep99 said:

Here's a qualification for any new captain. Unite the team against the sociopath owners and go on strike until they allow Jack to get the surgery that he wants as a HUMAN being. That would be real leadership; not just some smiling, eager beaver yes man like Cozens seems to be. Adams and the Pegulas are disgusting humans in how they've treated Jack. Absolute scum. A real leader would recognize this. Kinda like how real parents wouldn't aid and abet a son murder his fiancee and cover it up.

Are you John’s gf?

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Are you John’s gf?

Damn, dog, that was savage

america burn GIF

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think people might be surprised, I think Casey has a shot at the C.

He's the senior statesman of the young core.  I could see him getting it.  I think I said that at the end of last season.

You know who I wouldn't rule out?  Girgensons.  Everyone points to Oksposo as C if they go with a more experienced player, but Girgensons plays a high energy, physical style, and is still in the "young guys" group, if only by the skin of his teeth (He's 28, Olofsson is 26, several of the hired hands like Hinostroza are around that age).

Edited by Doohickie

16 hours ago, FogBat said:

No need to apologize - considering that someone else found my reply to you to be funny.

Either he will get his comeuppance someday, or he will never learn.

He’s prolly just busy filling up a Packers helmet with yellow and green M&M’s. 

I would say Craig should be captain, but it’s against one of the NHL’s outdated rules. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Girgs and Okie announced as As.

That tells me there will be a C.  My money is on Dahlin or Mitts.

As much as I hate to agree with you (😉 ... okay, last time for this tired joke that you started) I do agree with you that there will be a 'C' named.  If they were not going to have a 'C' they would have named 2 more 'A's today.

I am not sure about your choices for 'C'.

I will get back to you on that, since I thought the 'C' would go to KO.

• Like (+1) 1

I have checked the roster and I think that the 'C' on Rasmus (either, but especially the 'D' guy) would add too much pressure.  Dylan and Mitts are not quite ready and also very young.

I think it will have to be a veteran.

My $ (but only play $, of course) is on Skinner (less likely to be another forward) or Pysyk, maybe Miller.  I think it will be one of the two 'D' men.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.