Dr. Alexander Ovechkin coming soon

SDS

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I read about this yesterday.  I have a feeling that he wrote his dissertation in the same way that many celebrities "wrote" their autobiographies, but who knows for sure...

I'm not exactly shocked a Russian Ministry gave Ovechkin unanimous approval.

This is the payback for setting up Putin with 47 goals that time they played together in the Russian celebrity match. Its sort of like when Kim uno of North Korea broke the world high jump record in the lead up to the Olympics but declined to go because he had prior commitments to see to.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

This is the payback for setting up Putin with 47 goals that time they played together in the Russian celebrity match. Its sort of like when Kim uno of North Korea broke the world high jump record in the lead up to the Olympics but declined to go because he had prior commitments to see to.

Nothing compared to Lil Kim's score of 16 on the 18 hole DMZ Friendship Course, known for its hidden mines and copious bunkers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, Eleven said:

I read about this yesterday.  I have a feeling that he wrote his dissertation in the same way that many celebrities "wrote" their autobiographies, but who knows for sure...

It's not the first time something like this has happened in Russia. Have you ever heard of Aleksandr Karelin?

46 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Cheapens the whole PhD thing....doesn't it?

It might.  Would have to read a translation of his dissertation to know for sure.

If it is essentially an honorary degree, he won't be the 1st celebrity to have gotten one in this manner & he certainly won't be the last.  And that isn't merely a Russian phenomenon.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.