2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I think I would throw up if this was our first round.🤢

Lol

"Team needs and tendencies have been loosley been taken into consideration."

There is a 0% chance Buffalo drafts 2 lhd and Owen Puckering at 20 is exceedingly overdrafted. I know places that rank him that high but he's overrated.

Worst mock I've seen

There is 0% chance Buffalo takes Yurov over Nemec.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I think I would throw up if this was our first round.🤢

Alright if the board falls this way... a realistic draft is

Nemec at 5

Ohgren at 20

Maverick Lamoureux at 30

Personally I would take Owen Beck at 30. Lamoureux isn't good,  he's just big. Beck is good and could slide to wing in the nhl if needed. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Nemec at 5

Ohgren at 20

Maverick Lamoureux at 30

Personally I would take Owen Beck at 30. Lamoureux isn't good,  he's just big. Beck is good and could slide to wing in the nhl if needed. 

I think there is a good portion of this board ready for them to take a RHD with the top pick.   

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol

"Team needs and tendencies have been loosley been taken into consideration."

There is a 0% chance Buffalo drafts 2 lhd and Owen Puckering at 20 is exceedingly overdrafted. I know places that rank him that high but he's overrated.

Worst mock I've seen

There is 0% chance Buffalo takes Yurov over Nemec.

That site has Their 32 Top Prospects and however the draft order falls that’s who they mock them to, they suck royally 

On 1/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, LGR4GM said:

Nemec at 5

Ohgren at 20

Maverick Lamoureux at 30

I've loved the idea of a RHD with the top pick for a couple of weeks  BUT now im thinking grabbing a guy like Nemec at 5-8 may not be the best idea long term  

You have Dahlin as your top paid Dman and Power as your 2nd pair.  Both are offensive Dmen and maybe the Sabres be better served playing with guys who put their defensive responsibilities first?

You could grab a forward with your top pick and then look at RHD with one of the other first round picks. 

Maybe Jiricek falls a bit due to his injury or guys like Ryan Chesley (24th- consolotated rankings), Tristan Luneau (29th Consolidated), Maveric Lamoureux (29th Bob Mckenzie),   or Elias Salomonsson (27th consolodated)?

Edited by Crusader1969

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I've loved the idea of a RHD with the top pick for a couple of weeks  BUT now im thinking grabbing a guy like Nemec at 5-8 may not be the best idea long term  

You have Dahlin as your top paid Dman and Power as your 2nd pair.  Both are offensive Dmen and maybe the Sabres be better served playing with guys who put their defensive responsibilities first?

You could grab a forward with your top pick and then look at RHD with one of the other first round picks. 

Maybe Jiricek falls a bit due to his injury or guys like Ryan Chesley (24th- consolotated rankings), Tristan Luneau (29th Consolidated), Maveric Lamoureux (29th Bob Mckenzie),   or Elias Salomonsson (27th consolodated)?

Like it or not, we seem to be poised upon the edge of cheering for Nashville North in about 2 years.

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

yes and no  I do think the Sabres have much more depth at the forward position than the Preds did.  Goaltending is the big question mark. Can the Sabres find their Rinne ?

With 3 high 1st rd defenders they may make an average goalie look like Rinne.

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

yes and no  I do think the Sabres have much more depth at the forward position than the Preds did.  Goaltending is the big question mark. Can the Sabres find their Rinne ?

Nashville's had good forwards for a long time, but have rarely had a true #1C to round out that corps.

As for goaltending, expecting at least 1 of the 3 lottery tickets will hit.  Will one?  Won't know for sure for a while, but at this point it seems more likely than not.

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If that's your concern take Jiricek, although Nemec has more offense currently. I personally really like Jiricek and I'm sad he's injured. He's more of a physically imposing defender. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If that's your concern take Jiricek, although Nemec has more offense currently. I personally really like Jiricek and I'm sad he's injured. He's more of a physically imposing defender. 

Injury concerns let Thurman Thomas slip to the 2nd round & the Bills way back when.

If this injury lets Jiricek slip a few slots to the Sabres, am OK with it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2022 at 3:48 PM, Crusader1969 said:

Hopefully our Saros, in Levi

• Like (+1) 1

The more I watch the more I'm Convinced this team needs to consider a major overhaul to that right side. Jokiharju is not a #1 pairing guy. Jiricek and Nemec are still 2 guys I'm seriously hoping to draft depending on if there's a forward available. We need rhds in the pipe and we need them this cycle. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The more I watch the more I'm Convinced this team needs to consider a major overhaul to that right side. Jokiharju is not a #1 pairing guy. Jiricek and Nemec are still 2 guys I'm seriously hoping to draft depending on if there's a forward available. We need rhds in the pipe and we need them this cycle. 

A guy who sounded intriguing to me as a late 1st or early 2nd.  Noah Warren RHD

Any thoughts?

image.png.e976e99e26f46a4e20973c18affb635b.png

Alright I used the consolidated rankings (up until it says 29, because they only go to 32) to make this easier and then roughly put in the other RHDs of interest that fell outside of that. I tried to rough out where they should be drafted by round for the non consolidate guys. I haven't read up or watched much or anything on a chunk of these guys but at this stage the consolidated rankings and their production give us a decent feel. I think some of them are overrated in that consolidated but whatever. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.