2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

JBOT didn’t care about the CHL but KA cares so I don’t know. They may end up with 3 guys from that game in the first round.

Maybe he doesn’t put much weight on an all star game. Maybe he just wants the spreadsheet from the analytics staff. Maybe it was his wedding anniversary.

I got nothing.

49 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Is it mildly interesting that Adams was at the Sabres game last night and not with other GMs at the prospect game ?? Kinda weird, in that Kitchener isn’t too far from Buffalo   
I’ll have to guess Buffalo had a bunch of scouts their in his place and other upper mgmt people 

I’m sure Karmanos and the scouts were there.

It might be as simple as they had booked Adams to be an on air interview during a national TV game.

I mean I’m sure he can youtube it.😁

Sorry for the consecutive posts. I'm narrowing a little on Nazar because I think players like Cooley, Nemec, and Savoie will be gone by #7

Jiricek would also be an option at 7 and I love that guy. He plays mean but is a little raw. He's a bit risky but he's playing pretty well against men and with a bit of refinement could be a beast on the right side. 

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What if bpa is Russian?

Would definitely look to pick up some Russians. Mostly because I feel their value will fall due to the actions of one person. Considering the Sabres are in a better position than most teams in this region and many teams just won’t want to take the risk, I would hope one would drop to our 2nd or 3rd 1st rounder. Swing for the fences with one of those and play safer with our top 10 pick. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry for the consecutive posts. I'm narrowing a little on Nazar because I think players like Cooley, Nemec, and Savoie will be gone by #7

Jiricek would also be an option at 7 and I love that guy. He plays mean but is a little raw. He's a bit risky but he's playing pretty well against men and with a bit of refinement could be a beast on the right side. 

Sabres draft 8th and the board falls that Savoie, Jiricek And Nazar are all available. Who are you stepping to the podium to select?

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Sabres draft 8th and the board falls that Savoie, Jiricek And Nazar are all available. Who are you stepping to the podium to select?

Idk. But thats a lame answer. 

Savoie right now is probably the biggest chaos creator of the 3 so him. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Shane Wright with 3 assists in a win last night. Cementing his status plus leading his team to success.

OHL guys being off for a year really makes that league wonky. Wright is probably better than he currently appears.

Brad Lambert is going to be our pick in the 8th slot. (Note the Sabres currently lie 7th, but only a win away from overtaking Chicago for 8th)

Current standings (that matter)

Det (9) 64 gp 26 W - 31 L - 7 OT/SOL for 59 pts 23 ROW;  2-7-1 in the last 10

Chi (8) 65 gp 24 - 32 - 9 = 57 20 ROW; 4-5-1 in the last 10

Buf (7) 65 gp 23 -33 - 9 = 55 20 ROW; 6-3-1 in the last 10

Phi (6) 65 gp 21 - 33 - 11 = 53 21 ROW; 4-5-1 in the last 10

Ott (5) 64 gp 23 - 36 - 5 = 51 22 ROW; 4-6-0 in the last 10

NY (4) 64 gp 23 - 36 - 5 = 51 21 ROW; 4-6-0 in the last 10

The Sabres are 4 points from 9th (worst record) and 4 pts from 4th (worst record).  Depending on how teams play down the stretch we could easily slip down the standings.  However, I think the odds favor us moving up the standings as we seem the only bottom echelon team moving in a winning direction although none of "competition" is playing badly other then Det.  SJ at 10 has a 9 point cushion on us with 64 pts.  We aren't making up 9 points in the 17 games remaining.  

If things ended today, Fla's pick would be 31 and LV's 16.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Brad Lambert is going to be our pick in the 8th slot. (Note the Sabres currently lie 7th, but only a win away from overtaking Chicago for 8th)

Current standings (that matter)

Det (9) 64 gp 26 W - 31 L - 7 OT/SOL for 59 pts 23 ROW;  2-7-1 in the last 10

Chi (8) 65 gp 24 - 32 - 9 = 57 20 ROW; 4-5-1 in the last 10

Buf (7) 65 gp 23 -33 - 9 = 55 20 ROW; 6-3-1 in the last 10

Phi (6) 65 gp 21 - 33 - 11 = 53 21 ROW; 4-5-1 in the last 10

Ott (5) 64 gp 23 - 36 - 5 = 51 22 ROW; 4-6-0 in the last 10

NY (4) 64 gp 23 - 36 - 5 = 51 21 ROW; 4-6-0 in the last 10

The Sabres are 4 points from 9th (worst record) and 4 pts from 4th (worst record).  Depending on how teams play down the stretch we could easily slip down the standings.  However, I think the odds favor us moving up the standings as we seem the only bottom echelon team moving in a winning direction although none of "competition" is playing badly other then Det.  SJ at 10 has a 9 point cushion on us with 64 pts.  We aren't making up 9 points in the 17 games remaining.  

If things ended today, Fla's pick would be 31 and LV's 16.

Why do you think Lambert?

How do you square his potential character/personality issues with Adams’ apparent ultra focus on good people and team harmony?

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why do you think Lambert?

How do you square his potential character/personality issues with Adams’ apparent ultra focus on good people and team harmony?

Uber talented and drives offense which is something we need.  The "character" issues I've seen mentioned, but I have yet to see anything specific other then he has changed team a few times.  Which prospect from outside NA hasn't.  His 5 points in 2 World Jr games clearly illustrated that the potential is there.  The article I read about him changing teams is that the first team expected a 17 year old kid to lead a men's league team.  Not exactly a way to help a young player develop into his potential.  It's like giving a C to a 19 year old in the NHL.

My guess is you put a kid like this on a team with strong leadership like Tuch, KO, etc.. he'll become a real asset.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.