Former sabre Patrik Berglund charged with rape and assault

MODO Hockey

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

No one needs to be told how the legal process works. The only people who jump in with these "innocent until proven guilty" comments are people with an axe to grind about things like "cancel culture" or think "rape victims should speak up sooner" or whatever else is rotting their brains on Facebook.

Some need to be reminded how it works. The first several posts sound like assumptions of guilt.

These threads are useless. No one knows the truth. What's the conversation supposed to be about?

42 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Some need to be reminded how it works. The first several posts sound like assumptions of guilt.

These threads are useless. No one knows the truth. What's the conversation supposed to be about?

An argument over what the conversation is supposed to be about 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

What's the conversation supposed to be about?

How some punk-ass, no-heart journeyman wound up walking away from the Sabres -- thereby somehow making the ROR trade even worse -- and has subsequently been charged by Swedish authorities with sexual assault/rape.

Or: What a POS Berglund is.

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

How some punk-ass, no-heart journeyman wound up walking away from the Sabres -- thereby somehow making the ROR trade even worse -- and has subsequently been charged by Swedish authorities with sexual assault/rape.

And if it in the future emerges that he was deeply depressed and close to jumping off a bridge when he left the Sabres (which it sure sounds like was the case), and that the current accusations are nothing more than a shakedown and/or act of vengeance by some gold-digger/PO'd ex-GF of his?

There's a reason it's best to wait until the facts are in before smearing someone.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Exactly. But here we are. And they always end up looking like a black stain on the front page of this forum until they're inevitably closed much too late, logged forever in the bowels of the internet that never forgets.

Patrick Berglund doesn't need anyone here to defend him against sexual assault charges, so why do it? 

"Looks bad, man." is just about the only response any of us is in a position to give. Anything beyond that starts looking foolish at best.

• Like (+1) 1

If y'all remember the Julian Assange case, the Swedish standards of sexual assault are very broad, no pun intended.  And that case was eventually dropped, but not before lots of damage was done to him personally.  [I'm not defending his womanizing ways (nor very liberal Swedish sexual practices) ! Edit: removed material that might be deemed political.]

As to the other issue raised, until just recently WGR550 was running a commercial just about every ad-break where the woman says that she wanted her tan to be "brown as a biscuit".  It's so hypocritical for the Sabres organization to condemn this story when their number one on-air partner is running such ads.

Just saying.

One more thing. I'm so happy that the NFL draft is over, the Bills didn't draft my namesake, and I don't have to hear anyone butcher my name Etienne any more.  It's Ay-Tee-En, eh!.  Not ee-tee-en.  At least not in the original.  Just clarifying.

Edited by etiennep99
Removed material that some might think politcal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, etiennep99 said:

If y'all remember the Julian Assange case, the Swedish standards of sexual assault are very broad, no pun intended.  And that case was eventually dropped, but not before lots of damage was done to him personally.  [I'm not defending his womanizing ways (nor very liberal Swedish sexual practices) ! Edit: removed material that might be deemed political.]

As to the other issue raised, until just recently WGR550 was running a commercial just about every ad-break where the woman says that she wanted her tan to be "brown as a biscuit".  It's so hypocritical for the Sabres organization to condemn this story when their number one on-air partner is running such ads.

Just saying.

One more thing. I'm so happy that the NFL draft is over, the Bills didn't draft my namesake, and I don't have to hear anyone butcher my name Etienne any more.  It's Ay-Tee-En, eh!.  Not ee-tee-en.  At least not in the original.  Just clarifying.

Is it the Sabres job to monitor WGR for offensive content? Was that ad on the air or over their stream? (Different ads on stream.) If it is the stream, those ads are sold by Entercom/Audecy corporate. If you are disturbed enough about, notify WGR. No hypocrisy here.

@PromoTheRobot.  Good questions.  I stream.  I don't live in Buffalo.  It's an ad for a tanning salon, so it's gotta be local enough though.

The commercial offended me because the jingle was horrible and the music was louder than the rap so it took me a while to figure out what she was saying; I only figured it out because it played so freakin' often that I finally found myself paying attention.

And I wasn't particularly offended.  Just saying that it seems incongruous. I'm usually more offended by the PC police.  It's just amazing that it seems like no one at WGR listens to their own station to recognize the irony.  Maybe someone finally did, because, as I say, I'm only hearing the other tanning salon commercial lately.

10 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

@PromoTheRobot.  Good questions.  I stream.  I don't live in Buffalo.  It's an ad for a tanning salon, so it's gotta be local enough though.

The commercial offended me because the jingle was horrible and the music was louder than the rap so it took me a while to figure out what she was saying; I only figured it out because it played so freakin' often that I finally found myself paying attention.

And I wasn't particularly offended.  Just saying that it seems incongruous. I'm usually more offended by the PC police.  It's just amazing that it seems like no one at WGR listens to their own station to recognize the irony.  Maybe someone finally did, because, as I say, I'm only hearing the other tanning salon commercial lately.

Reading your last two posts, Dude you ARE the PC Police.  Get upset about a tanning salon commercial?  Yikes. 

@pimlach

Either you're joking or you've never read (understood?) anything that I've written.  Calling me the PC Police is so far off the mark that you're not even in the right Universe.  I'm saying that the PC Emperor is wearing no clothes, and thus he should be removed from office.

25 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

@pimlach

Either you're joking or you've never read (understood?) anything that I've written.  Calling me the PC Police is so far off the mark that you're not even in the right Universe.  I'm saying that the PC Emperor is wearing no clothes, and thus he should be removed from office.

Ha ha.  That’s funny.  You are the one editing your text (because it might be too political), venting about being offended by a tanning salon commercial, and is upset about your perceived mispronunciation of your name.    

If the shoe fits, wear it.  

Relax Francis.  I removed the political element because in case you don't know Sabrespace bans people who are too political.

The tanning commercial sucked even more than most commercials suck.  At least with TV there's a usuable mute button.  Radio has one, but with no visual cues to let you know when to unmute.   

Mispronouncing names shows a decided lack of education and respect.   Like how some people lack the education to know how to read.  And you know what, I have enough education and experience to know what you are: you're just a troll.  So, you're now in my ignore box because I don't remember you ever posting anything worthwhile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Richard Jewel was a real P.O.S., too. Until he wasn't.

I'm not on board with conflating our disappointment in hockey players' performances with charges of rape.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:58 AM, KC Scouts said:

2) Did Sabres find out he was sending naughty pics after the fact and give him an out  by making him leave in the way he did (i.e. Sabres and Berglund escape the publicity)

If so, that was a decent resolution to the problem for the Sabres.

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Richard Jewel was a real P.O.S., too. Until he wasn't.

I'm not on board with conflating our disappointment in hockey players' performances with charges of rape.

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Oh, also: That Richard Jewel movie gave me such a sad.

OTOH, Richard Jewel wasn't part of huge kick in the nuts in connection with an imbalanced trade.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Our fantasy life of sports sure gets complicated when real life intervenes. Can you imagine a story about your MVP tweeting out the n-word on the eve of Game 7, SCF?

You are referring No Goal right? Oh.. right, there wasn't a Game 7 at that point to qualify as the "eve" of. 🙂

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.