GDT: 2/27/21, 1pm Philadelphia @ Buffalo, MSG & ESPN+

jsb

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really? They didn't look special. If the Sabres didn't play like they were drugged...

How you can say PHI didn't look like a top team?   Did you watch the game?    40 shots on net, their puck movement, goaltending, etc.. were all first class.

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Scotty.  If you trade all those players you will tank and you leave nothing for the “well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff “   to work with.  Let’s start with hiring one good and experienced hockey guy and let him help Adams build from there.  Unloading all the best players is not going to attract anyone decent.  

We are learning what we suspected all along.  Ralph us not an NHL coach.  He was a bizarre hire that came out of the blue.  I still think Adams made some good moves in a tough financial environment this off season.  He is operating under unprecedented circumstances with Covid, odd schedules, and financial constraints beyond even the Golisano era.  

Rather than fire everyone again let’s just hire hockey front office help and a new coach, trade some of the deadwood, and improve scouting and player development.  

I would normally agree with the view of replacing the coach, but I am very skeptical that coaching alone is the issue.

A good portion of the core players here have gone through several coaches, at what point do we become honest with ourselves and review the passing in to your team mates skates, the lack of urgency and compete in skating hard on the puck, the shying away of physicality and more has been a 5+ year problem with the players through multiple coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

MODO, I'd like to paste a post I made both earlier in this GDT, as well as another thread started by Crusader. I would like to post the Crusader thread one,  If you would indulge in reading it, I would be greatful. And I completely understand your stance, your countrymen are on the list, but, I believe you to be a SABRES FAN, and as such, would understand my view of the organization. This isn't against Ullmark, nor Olofsson, nor any other individual player.

Posted this in the GDT just in the past hour

"I would fire Adams and Krueger, trade Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Ullmark, Staal, Hall, Risto, Montour, Dahlin and Miller for packages of draft picks and prospects still developing. Let other contracts run out, try to move Skinner and Okposo, but wouldn't be paramount if we dumped all of the salary in the trades mentioned above. The Eichel and Reinhart trades alone could rebuild your top 6 center spine and then some, let alone the other trades.

It's just not worth it to try and continue on with this nonsense, because that is just what it is, a joke, pure nonsense.

Hire a well known successful President of Hockey operations and the GM and coaching staff will fill out.

This isn't working, and it's actually harmful to the organizational brand on a broader scale."

This would be a rebuild, but, NOT A TANK! Just a rebuild. Prospects that can play, young roster players, draft picks. A do over, if you will, without intentionally losing games. The driving force would be, TO WIN!

You speak to Linus, I've seen your posts.

Before you read my pasted post, pass this message along to him, not only for him, but for the entire locker room. I'd be greatly appreciated. Here is my message, may it reach the ears of the players:

"You, and only you, can change the direction of events. Your actions, your play, your comradery with your team mates. I watch, night after night, day after day. You have it within you to make it happen, to make the difference. We believe. Now, it is up to each and everyone of you who put on that Jersey to do the same, to believe."

I have no idea if that will make a difference, but, if you could convey that message, and that message was conveyed by Linus, to the team, it can't hurt.

Just because we disagree it doesnt mean i would disconnect my self from your opinions.

I do not care one tiny bit about nationality, never would when it comes to hockey. You and i just see this completly different.

Ralph cannot coach this team, he just cant and that is the problem. We can trade for any ***** players and we still gonna lose because Ralph dont know jack ***** about what he is doing. He is so bad. I hate Ralph for what he is doing to this team, and because of him we have 3 supetstars that are lost in space, together with a bunch of stars.

This team need a coach, a furious coach with a mental mind way above this trash organisation. Until we have that u can go trade whatever u like, result still gonna br the same.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Just because we disagree it doesnt mean i would disconnect my self from your opinions.

I do not care one tiny bit about nationality, never would when it comes to hockey. You and i just see this completly different.

Ralph cannot coach this team, he just cant and that is the problem. We can trade for any ***** players and we still gonna lose because Ralph dont know jack ***** about what he is doing. He is so bad. I hate Ralph for what he is doing to this team, and because of him we have 3 supetstars that are lost in space, together with a bunch of stars.

This team need a coach, a furious coach with a mental mind way above this trash organisation. Until we have that u can go trade whatever u like, result still gonna br the same.

Sums it up. The problem is on the bench. Rk needs to go. 

5 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

One weird bit from this game:

Shot possession stats-wise, xGF/xGA/xGF%, and high-danger corsi-wise, Rieder-Eakin-Okposo was the Sabres' best line, with Okposo leading the way in those stats.  Maybe Kyle and this line can turn a corner...?

Maybe analytics is trash.

2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Yes, the coach should go, I concur.

It is hard to find anyone that thinks RK should stay.   Ok, when and with whom do you replace him with?  

What about certain players?  I have a problem with Okposo and Skinner not playing anywhere near their contracts.  

What about the players that have been here through all the losing?  It will take a really good GM to make the right moves to reshape this team and find the right coach.  Is Adams that guy?   Last year he was strictly on the business side, now he runs it all with a severely scaled back staff.  

The gutting of Botterill’s staff is probably going to reveal itself as another huge Pegula mistake.  

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

It is hard to find anyone that thinks RK should stay.   Ok, when and with whom do you replace him with?  

What about certain players?  I have a problem with Okposo and Skinner not playing anywhere near their contracts.  

What about the players that have been here through all the losing?  It will take a really good GM to make the right moves to reshape this team and find the right coach.  Is Adams that guy?   Last year he was strictly on the business side, now he runs it all with a severely scaled back staff.  

The gutting of Botterill’s staff is probably going to reveal itself as another huge Pegula mistake.  

Unfortunately the Pegulas are the mistake. Every bad decision , every head scratcher hire or bad contract is theirs to own. The barely watchable hockey. The lack of leadership. The in house product. The outside perception of the team. The lost pride of team and the destruction of the brand. Its a tragedy and comedy all wrapped up as one. This is their product. 

12 hours ago, pi2000 said:

How you can say PHI didn't look like a top team?   Did you watch the game?    40 shots on net, their puck movement, goaltending, etc.. were all first class.

I thought the Flyers were skating at half-speed. Maybe that's what happens when you face a mediocre opponent. You tend to play down to them. But even playing down to the Sabres is enough to dominate them. Of course their goaltending looked sharp. There wasn't a single dangerous scoring chance by Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.