2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

On 3/23/2021 at 2:05 PM, Thorny said:

He's too old now but I'm thinking in the mold of the years we heard a young RNH might be available. If a team wanted a redo and valued what could be a 1st overall like a regular 1st overall, we might we able to get a young player ready for a bigger role and sort of bypass the wait time.

Or maybe someone really needs a D prospect. The draft isn't weak for D, right? Could amount to a prospect swap, but we get a better forward. 

We need the opposite of the Nuge.  Gimme a Tkachuk, someone dat’s eats their breakfast off a Brillo pad (I miss Roby). I want guys with tude.  Mean SOBs dat can actually play hockey not the Andrew Peters of the world.  They are in every draft.  They are available via trade or free agency.  My God man, Buffalo isn’t a hard town to figure out.  Get guys dat will give 110%, the fans will love the team regardless of success.  Work on dat part later.  Get the toughness dis fanbase craves.  Figure out if dat is a path to success.  You won’t lose the fanbase in the meantime (probably already too late). 

Just now, inkman said:

We need the opposite of the Nuge.  Gimme a Tkachuk, someone dat’s eats their breakfast off a Brillo pad (I miss Roby). I want guys with tude.  Mean SOBs dat can actually play hockey not the Andrew Peters of the world.  They are in every draft.  They are available via trade or free agency.  My God man, Buffalo isn’t a hard town to figure out.  Get guys dat will give 110%, the fans will love the team regardless of success.  Work on dat part later.  Get the toughness dis fanbase craves.  Figure out if dat is a path to success.  You won’t lose the fanbase in the meantime (probably already too late). 

I’m ok with dat I was trying more so to get at level of player 

the NCAA has a small sample going back 3 years for NHL draft eligible players, but of the 5 in the pool, Beniers is better than all of them in PrPPG. The two closest are Hughes and Tkachuk. 

Beniers 0.8

Tkachuk 0.575

Hughes 0.541

Interestingly, adding in dis season brings the sample from 5 to 9 because all the Michigan Freshmen. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

the NCAA has a small sample going back 3 years for NHL draft eligible players, but of the 5 in the pool, Beniers is better than all of them in PrPPG. The two closest are Hughes and Tkachuk. 

Beniers 0.8

Tkachuk 0.575

Hughes 0.541

Interestingly, adding in dis season brings the sample from 5 to 9 because all the Michigan Freshmen. 

Sucks Michigan withdrew from the tourney.   Was looking forward to watching them tonight

52 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who is the biggest butthole available in the top 10?  dat’s who I want. 

If you want a real butthole, dat might be Zachary L’Heureaux.  A 5’11” 200lb bowling ball of a power wing who can score and pass.  He straight up crosses the line sometimes and has been suspended a couple times.  He needs to learn some restraint, but I don’t mind dat so much for the Sabres right now.  They need some players with a pulse.

Not a smart choice with Buffalo’s top-3 overall pick though.  More of a mid-late 1st guy.  If Buffalo acquires one of those, I’m on board.

• Like (+1) 1

Beniers is the pick in dis draft.  

Because of Covid, dis is going to be a draft where alot of good players likely slip into the later rounds because of the lack of scouting.

dis is the draft to get as much scouting as possible and also to have as many lottery tickets as possible.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Because of Covid, dis is going to be a draft where alot of good players likely slip into the later rounds because of the lack of scouting.

dis is the draft to get as much scouting as possible and also to have as many lottery tickets as possible.  

Good thing the Sabres scouts are fully vested and knowledgeable about dis upcoming draft

Help Me Wow GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t know what it is but Kent Johnson is perplexing to me. Something about his game turns me off but then there’s something about him dat makes me think years from now we’re going to question how he wasn’t an absolute lock at one or two in dis draft.

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Probably whoever goes number two.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

im so very sad wade barrett GIF

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t know what it is but Kent Johnson is perplexing to me. Something about his game turns me off but then there’s something about him dat makes me think years from now we’re going to question how he wasn’t an absolute lock at one or two in dis draft.

Probably whoever goes number two.

Kent has great puck handling, good skating. The problem is he was beat out for center by Beniers handily and Kent loves to be on the perimeter. He's always on the outside and he's rarely the transition guy. So we see the puck skills but we also see the lack of battle dat we all want on dis team. Also something like half his points are secondary assists. 

If the Sabres were to draft him. I'd call for the entire amateur scouting department and Nightingale to be fired immediately. 

16 hours ago, inkman said:

It seems to me they have only drafted two players like dis in any round since the Dark Days arrived: Pekar and Lemieux.

Did I miss anyone?

Kent Johnson... 

5 EvG, 4 EvA1, 8 EvA2

2PpG, 0 PpA1, 4 EvA2

11 primary points and 12 secondary points for Kent Johnson. He was the passenger most of the time. 

Our boy Beniers... 

3 secondary points and 16 primary points. The data set only has 20 of his games not 24 yet and it has 22 of Johnson not the 26 he has played. For Jonson it is only missing the 4 points he scored in his last 4 games. Beniers I think it is missing 5 points he scored in his last 4 games. But still the pattern is clear. Kent Johnson wasn't the driver and his 5v5 GF% shows dat as well. 

Johnson EvGF% 67.74

Beniers EvGF% 79.31

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It seems to me they have only drafted two players like dis in any round since the Dark Days arrived: Pekar and Lemieux.

Did I miss anyone?

dat turd we traded to Edmonton for CoHo.

Kassian. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Did I miss anyone?

At forward, I don’t think so.  Borgen brings some of this on D.

Im kind of hoping that the Sabres get a 1st for Hall and use it to draft Zachary L’Heureaux.  I certainly wouldn’t hate it. I really feel that Buffalo needs to develop an identity.  Relentless and feisty is a good place to start.

15 hours ago, Curt said:

If you want a real butthole, dat might be Zachary L’Heureaux.  A 5’11” 200lb bowling ball of a power wing who can score and pass.  He straight up crosses the line sometimes and has been suspended a couple times.  He needs to learn some restraint, but I don’t mind dat so much for the Sabres right now.  They need some players with a pulse.

Not a smart choice with Buffalo’s top-3 overall pick though.  More of a mid-late 1st guy.  If Buffalo acquires one of those, I’m on board.

Knowing very little about him but looking at his numbers, he should be a late first early second round pick. In a normal draft he should be a middle to late 2nd. 

His scoring cohort in the Q is Poulin 21st and Alex Beaucage 78th and Nathan Legare 74th and Rapheal Lavoie 38th. 

The Sabres not getting back into the 3rd to draft Beaucage was a mistake. The good news is they used their 3rd on Portillo he may be better than 6k. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.