2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

One thing in here is that he doesn't have "breakaway speed" and that doesn't worry me at all because he played NCAA hockey at 174lbs and 6'1"... he simply hasn't gained the leg strength yet and I think he'll have a higher gear as he matures. 

Neither do Reinhart and ROR and they seem to do pretty well in the NHL.  His speed doesn't concern me at all.   My personal list is Beniers, Eklund, Power.  I think the Sabres right now seem to be Power, Eklund, Beniers.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So clearly they are going to schedule calls with these guys b4 the draft. If it was only Power that would be strange but obviously they are still setting this stuff up. 

I think it strange  Hopefully they don't make a trade before talking to the prospects what happens if they don't like any of the prospects 

Edited by Buffalonill

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think it strange  Hopefully they don't make a trade before talking to the prospects what happens if they don't like any of the prospects 

Im confused, what does talking to prospects have to do with trades?

I mean talking to a kid 3 months before the draft is not better then talking to the kid 3 weeks before the draft.  Most of the top end guys seem to be high character guys so I doubt any real red flags come up.

I think the kid that is the real wildcard is. Mason McTavish. He doesn’t get the hype of the others but he is big, plays hard, has a canon of a shot and is a centre. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hahahaha WGR was clearly a little confused when Scouch didn't have Power #1 and started listing the issues he has with him. 

Thinks Power is probably a top 4 and should be coached to be an offensive defender. 

This is why buffalo is  Circus act  They never do research 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

This is why buffalo is  Circus act  They never do research 

I think the radio guys end up in a bubble. 

That said, I always think about the fact Matty Beniers played the year at 174lbs and was still fast, strong, effective. Imagine him at 194lbs. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the radio guys end up in a bubble. 

That said, I always think about the fact Matty Beniers played the year at 174lbs and was still fast, strong, effective. Imagine him at 194lbs. 

Wgr did a great job making more people unhappy and confused about the draft lol .

Hey if this gets buffalo not take power,beiners, Kent.  I'm all for it 

Interesting that he said something along the lines of "you won't see him driving a line, but he's a good complementary player" when talking about Eklund. How many top 3 picks do you say that about? 

I get it that not all top 5s are first line stars, but that line was a little underwhelming. 

11 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

Interesting that he said something along the lines of "you won't see him driving a line, but he's a good complementary player" when talking about Eklund. How many top 3 picks do you say that about? 

I get it that not all top 5s are first line stars, but that line was a little underwhelming. 

Sam reinhart  😏

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

I firmly disagree with Scouch here. Eklund will drive a line and be complimentary. He's too smart with the puck and has too many tools.  Being 5'10" won't matter. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.