Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Adams Introductory Press Conference 2pm EDT

Recommended Posts

h/t to WildCard for the two new threads. (Or mods if they did it.)

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wouldn’t miss that for the world! 

I wouldn’t watch it for the world.?

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I wouldn’t watch it for the world.?

I'm tuning in. But only cuz work is the alternative 

 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm tuning in. But only cuz work is the alternative 

 

I’ll be choosing work.

I honestly don’t give a crap about anything anyone has to say about this team. I’ve heard it all before. Year after mothereffin year. Every ***** offseason!

What happens on the ice is all I care about. I’ll listen to them once they start winning. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’ll be choosing work.

I honestly don’t give a crap about anything anyone has to say about this team. I’ve heard it all before. Year after mothereffin year. Every ***** offseason!

What happens on the ice is all I care about. I’ll listen to them once they start winning. 

I'm less interested in what they say about how great they'll be next year than I am the potential for some beans to be spilled.i have a lot invested in the Jason sucks narrative 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harrington's the man for this question: "Kevyn, were you told Ralph is your coach? Are you free to choose your own coach?"

It would go the heart of whether Kevyn is really the GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Harrington's the man for this question: "Kevyn, were you told Ralph is your coach? Are you free to choose your own coach?"

It would go the heart of whether Kevyn is really the GM.

MH is indeed the man for that question -- which is a good question -- and will likely ask it in precisely that obnoxious manner.

But I disagree with the bolded.  There is no GM in the NHL, or in any sports league, that has completely free rein.  Is BB the GM of the Bills?  Do you think he can fire McD?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

MH is indeed the man for that question -- which is a good question -- and will likely ask it in precisely that obnoxious manner.

But I disagree with the bolded.  There is no GM in the NHL, or in any sports league, that has completely free rein.  Is BB the GM of the Bills?  Do you think he can fire McD?

My inkling is that hockey is old school and that the GM almost always gets to hire his own coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Harrington's the man for this question: "Kevyn, were you told Ralph is your coach? Are you free to choose your own coach?"

It would go the heart of whether Kevyn is really the GM.

Hi Mike, thanks for the question and I look forward to working with you. Ralph and I have concluded an exhaustive search by coming to terms with Bruce Boudreau on an agreement to be the head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. Ralph will serve the team in an advisory role while I report to him as GM, and Bruce reports to me as head coach. We look forward to stocking the front office with experienced staff and scouts, and believe that for the future to matter, we must start winning today. Our offseason will be conducted with this in mind. We will put every ounce of effort we have into winning, every second of every day. We will welcome the desperation and drive of players whose intensity may have scared us off in years past. Our long national nightmare is over.  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pegula's should have this presser routine down pretty well by now.  They can just dust off the script used for Housley, Botterill (hiring), GMTM, Bylsma, Brandon, Regier, Ruff, Nolan, etc.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hi Mike, thanks for the question and I look forward to working with you. Ralph and I have concluded an exhaustive search by coming to terms with Bruce Boudreau on an agreement to be the head coach of the Buffalo Sabres. Ralph will serve the team in an advisory role while I report to him as GM, and Bruce reports to me as head coach. We look forward to stocking the front office with experienced staff and scouts, and believe that for the future to matter, we must start winning today. Our offseason will be conducted with this in mind. We will put every ounce of effort we have into winning, every second of every day. We will welcome the desperation and drive of players whose intensity may have scared us off in years past. Our long national nightmare is over.  

See, you do care. ?

Seriously, I’m watching because I need  to hear a leader with a vision.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Sabres would just stop announcing firings, they would haven't have any firings.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevyn looking very excited.

 

Its on the sabres site live

 

Wawrow looking like he's been up all night arguing with PA on Sabrespace

Edited by dudacek
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many differences of opinion between Terry and Jason.

Kevyn was being groomed.

Looks like the long offseason is a factor.

Harrington, being Harrington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd struggle not to punch him if he spoke to my wife like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I'd struggle not to punch him if he spoke to my wife like that.

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...