Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Eichel’s End of Season Zoom Meeting/Now with Risto Quotes.

Recommended Posts

Some interesting quotes coming out of this.  The frustration.  The desire to see a tougher, more veteran team.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Botterill’s GM Chair better be a raging inferno next season, because these comments should be triggering warning alarms at One Seymour Knox Plaza 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Botterill’s GM Chair better be a raging inferno next season, because these comments should be triggering warning alarms at One Seymour Knox Plaza 

His chair should be smoldering cinders right now.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's just no way it can be this hard to make a competent team. It just can't be

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am concerned that Eichel is talking about veterans and toughness. I hope he means mental toughness. This teams needs more offensive generators, at 3 least 3 if you already count Kahun, or next year will be more of the same. Stretches of good play bookended by long stretches of bad. No team maintains 82 games of their best hockey. We need to stop believing that and start understanding the Sabres play in the middle of their ability bell curve and that curve ranks them in the bottom 3rd of the league. Maybe botterill should stop lying about veterans talent and start bringing in actual talent. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am concerned that Eichel is talking about veterans and toughness. I hope he means mental toughness. This teams needs more offensive generators, at 3 least 3 if you already count Kahun, or next year will be more of the same. Stretches of good play bookended by long stretches of bad. No team maintains 82 games of their best hockey. We need to stop believing that and start understanding the Sabres play in the middle of their ability bell curve and that curve ranks them in the bottom 3rd of the league. Maybe botterill should stop lying about veterans talent and start bringing in actual talent. 

I think what he means is guys who don't get pushed off the puck easily and are willing to put their bodies on the line to generate offense, i.e. not Casey Mittelstadt, or Tage Thompson, or Vlad Sobotka, or Olofsson, or any of the other guys that he's had to put up with on the top lines over his career so far.

Holding on to the puck is part of generating offense. Winning battles is part of generating offense.

I don't blame him for wanting real NHL players in the lineup. That's all he's saying: he wants real NHL players. Not prospects, not JAGs, not reclamation projects. 

It sounds like he misses Ryan O'Reilly, doesn't it? Like maybe all that stuff about him and O'Reilly not getting along wasn't true? Like maybe it was "leaked" so that management would have an excuse to move him...

  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of praise Krueger gets, versus the distinct lack of praise for Botterill, is...enlightening.

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season, and therefore offseason, is not just about jason saving his job. 

We all have something big to lose here from how this reads to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sounds like Risto's lost his love for the game

kd7Qumk.gif

Is it just me, or is Agent Scully not a babe?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The amount of praise Krueger gets, versus the distinct lack of praise for Botterill, is...enlightening.

I know he the coach and all, but he may become the head honcho any day now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Is it just me, or is Agent Scully not a babe?

Gillian Anderson will always give me the vapors, my man 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternate view and hot take: the Sabres can lose with or without Jack Eichel. How many regimes are going to be ousted because not enough is put in place around him to overcome some deficiency of his? It's odd hearing some of these guys sound like they're not part of the problem.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Alternate view and hot take: the Sabres can lose with or without Jack Eichel. How many regimes are going to be ousted because not enough is put in place around him to overcome some deficiency of his? It's odd hearing some of these guys sound like they're not part of the problem.

How the ***** is Jack Eichel part of the problem? 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Alternate view and hot take: the Sabres can lose with or without Jack Eichel. How many regimes are going to be ousted because not enough is put in place around him to overcome some deficiency of his? It's odd hearing some of these guys sound like they're not part of the problem.

 

Yes, if only Jack's deficiencies weren't there, Murray and Jason's garbage teams would have won and they wouldn't have had to be ousted 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's 2 ... how many more bait takers will we see?

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think what he means is guys who don't get pushed off the puck easily and are willing to put their bodies on the line to generate offense, i.e. not Casey Mittelstadt, or Tage Thompson, or Vlad Sobotka, or Olofsson, or any of the other guys that he's had to put up with on the top lines over his career so far.

Holding on to the puck is part of generating offense. Winning battles is part of generating offense.

I don't blame him for wanting real NHL players in the lineup. That's all he's saying: he wants real NHL players. Not prospects, not JAGs, not reclamation projects. 

It sounds like he misses Ryan O'Reilly, doesn't it? Like maybe all that stuff about him and O'Reilly not getting along wasn't true? Like maybe it was "leaked" so that management would have an excuse to move him...


There is a great current article in the Athletic about the Canucks/Blackhawks rivalry during their most recent good runs. Players from both sides talk about how much genuine hatred they had for each other and how each game was a war where they constantly were pushing the line physically and psychologically in an attempt to break each other.

These were two teams that mostly get characterized as skill teams, but as skilled as they were, they were also filled with guys who brought it.

We are filled with guys that don’t and Botterill has shown no inclination to want to change that. More Marcus Johanssons aren’t the answer, and trading Risto isn’t the answer. Ryan O’Reillys? Yes please.

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

See ya Risto 

Seen this movie before.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

See ya Risto 

For a right-handed shot, that's a great left-handed compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...