Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

On 7/5/2019 at 1:29 PM, Broken Ankles said:

Mark Jankowski on the RFA list looks interesting.   Plays 3rd line Center in Calgary.   Would be a 2C for the Sabres.  If Calgary asks you to take on the James Neal contract as a starter and throw a few pieces back, what say you? 

I don’t want James Neal or jankowski. We need top 6 forwards. We have lots of 3rd and 4th liners. 

3 hours ago, freester said:

Sabres should be in on Nikita Gusev and Jessie Pujuarvi. They will cost low assets so the risk is minimal. 

Gusev should be relatively cheap.  Hearing right now that Eulers are looking to dump Lucic as the price for taking a flyer on Puljujarvi.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Why? Okposo is better 

Yea but, we tie Lucic up to the French Connection Statue outside of Key Bank Center each home game day, say, around 7am'ish, and let fans dress in goalie gear, stick and all and take running shots on him all day until, a couple hours after the game ends, only one head shot an hour though...……...Come on, we'll cut him loose to eat lunch, were not barbarians here now...………….

That's got to be worth 6 mil a season for the next 4 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

So what was that Risto to Florida rumor again?

Risto+McCabe+Erod for Huberdeau+Hoffman?  I didn’t want to give up on Erod, but with the new depth I could make do if that’s what it took to land Huberdeau. 

This trade is a no brainer...what am i missing

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

So what was that Risto to Florida rumor again?

Risto+McCabe+Erod for Huberdeau+Hoffman?  I didn’t want to give up on Erod, but with the new depth I could make do if that’s what it took to land Huberdeau. 

I can't imagine that Florida would be okay with this. Was that really a rumor?

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Physical presence which the Sabres need more than a net increase of a half dozen goals.

I've only seeen a handful of Oilers games in the last two seasons, but I feel comfortable saying that current Okposo is just as physical as current Lucic

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I can't imagine that Florida would be okay with this. Was that really a rumor?

I've only seeen a handful of Oilers games in the last two seasons, but I feel comfortable saying that current Okposo is just as physical as current Lucic

Then you've seen more than I have.  But the last fight I saw Okposo in, he got concussed.  Not sure he'll ever drop them again.  The "threat" of Lucic may be all that's needed to give a little more spine to our younger players.

7 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Then you've seen more than I have.  But the last fight I saw Okposo in, he got concussed.  Not sure he'll ever drop them again.  The "threat" of Lucic may be all that's needed to give a little more spine to our younger players.

How's the "threat" of lucic working for Edmonton? How has it impacted teams playing Edmonton?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How's the "threat" of lucic working for Edmonton? How has it impacted teams playing Edmonton?

Not sure as I haven't watched many games.  I just think that Lucic would impact the Sabres more positively than Okposo's extra 8 goals.  Therefore, I would make the trade.

21 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Lucic is a floating zombie from what I've seen and Okposo is far more willing to lower his shoulder and grind on the boards than most of his teammates.

That's not to say that he's good at hockey, but neither is the guy who had like one goal in about 50 straight games with McDavid a couple seasons ago

Edited by Randall Flagg

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lucic is a floating zombie from what I've seen and Okposo is far more willing to lower his shoulder and grind on the boards than most of his teammates.

That's not to say that he's good at hockey, but neither is the guy who had like one goal in about 50 straight games with McDavid a couple seasons ago

OK.  So neither guy is good at hockey now.  We have enough guys that are not good at hockey and can't fight.  I'll take Marty McSorley.

8 minutes ago, Tondas said:

OK.  So neither guy is good at hockey now.  We have enough guys that are not good at hockey and can't fight.  I'll take Marty McSorley.

But Okposo is better at hockey AND, to my eye, plays a more physical brand of hockey. 

Lucic had a whopping two fights last year. Okposo had one.

Are you sure you know what you're getting bringing in Milan?

Edited by Randall Flagg

All these defensemen... even with Bogo and Pilut hurt to start the season, we've got to move somebody. And you don't want to have to protect all of your D in 2 years.

Idle thoughts beyond Winnipeg and Vegas.

We like to trade with Vancouver. Would you consider: Risto + Reino + a D prospect + balancing picks for RFA Boeser (sign-and-trade) and C Horvat (5.5M) + balancing picks? (Vancouver just got JT Miller and has Petterson for center... Horvat is an excellent 3C.    For the record: I don't move Reino, but I adore Boeser.

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

All these defensemen... even with Bogo and Pilut hurt to start the season, we've got to move somebody. And you don't want to have to protect all of your D in 2 years.

We like to trade with Vancouver. Would you consider: Risto + Reino + a D prospect + balancing picks for RFA Boeser (sign-and-trade) and C Horvat (5.5M) + balancing picks? (Vancouver just got JT Miller and has Petterson for center... Horvat is an excellent 3C.    For the record: I don't move Reino, but I adore Boeser.

I believe Boeser and Horvat are players you build around, I don't believe Vancouver is going to move them.

10 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

If we trade Risto for Boeser, I might genuinely cry tears of joy. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.