Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Winger isn't our highest priority need though. 2C is. Failure to address that and the wingers look well below mere average imo. I'd say thanks but no thanks.

You're right, but if you can get that return on him you have to pull the trigger and suffer with Mitts at 2C then for one more year, or move Reinhart over

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Not sure what the Risto part means honestly 

I took that comment as “the PRICE for Risto was very high”

but in case there were doubters, he can confirm Risto IS “being shopped”.

at least that’s my take on it ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Winger isn't our highest priority need though. 2C is. Failure to address that and the wingers look well below mere average imo. I'd say thanks but no thanks.

Mantha would be a very good return for Risto.  I don't think the fact that he is not a 2C changes this.  There are other ways to acquire players other than trading Risto for them.  Buffalo acquired Skinner for spare futures, St. Louis acquired O'Reilly for futures and a couple vets on meh contracts.  A Risto trade is not the only way that a 2C could be acquired.  Everyone getting tunnel vision on the idea of Risto for a 2C.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

But Vancouver only has 5mil in cap space and Boeser needs a new deal. 

Well Risto costs more than 5mil, so there'd have to be multiple parts. They'd want someone to replace him too, and I don't think we have a young good forward to send their way

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Vancouver already got their RHD in Tyler Myers

...so you're saying Benning really likes deeply flawed, expensive RHD? There's hope!!! 

Although I think Risto ultimately does get moved, I do continue to have a slight worry that Botterill's set the price too high and there's a risk we get stuck keeping him. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I really prefer a 2C, but if the RW is good enough, I can be talked into that. 

Then we can just offer sheet Cirelli for far more than tampa is willing to pay next year ?

But I really would love a better plan B (long term) than hope Mitts or Cousins becomes one.

I'm always going to have nightmares that we should have drafted Newhook until Cozens erases that doubt from my mind. 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I really prefer a 2C, but if the RW is good enough, I can be talked into that. 

Then we can just offer sheet Cirelli for far more than tampa is willing to pay next year ?

But I really would love a better plan B (long term) than hope Mitts or Cousins becomes one.

Indeed. I want someone who can do the job, period. 

36 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You're right, but if you can get that return on him you have to pull the trigger and suffer with Mitts at 2C then for one more year, or move Reinhart over

32 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m pretty sure plan B is MJ at center with Sam as his winger. Mits will be 3C at best to start the year.

Also, they won’t trade Risto just to trade him. They will get either a RW they feel has top line potential or a 2C.

Yeah.  Really can't see Mittelstadt in any role but 3C (and actually getting 4C minutes) next year.  Possibly (very slight) at LW on 3rd line if things really aren't working, but would be very surprised that he wouldn't go to the A at that point.

If Mittelstadt ends up 2C this year, either the league's going to be testing him for PEDs as his training regimen will have worked way beyond expectation or they will be nearly as bad as last year.

And Reinhart is a RW at this point.  He doesn't move unless injuries force an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Colorado could use a a righty... but no, you gotta trade for a more established player. 

9 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I really think that @North Buffalo was just messing with you.

Sort of but, I did say another player, was thinking established just not sure who?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.