Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Just wait till they re-sign him after he has another good season this year.

Well, he had a bad year as per usual relative to his contract, but I suppose if they sign him to a cheap one year deal it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

But they won't. 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Just wait till they re-sign him after he has another good season this year.

Wouldn't another good season require there to be a first good season? Or is the bar so low for Bogosian that only missing 20% of the team's games due to injury considered good now?

1 minute ago, Drunkard said:

Wouldn't another good season require there to be a first good season? Or is the bar so low for Bogosian that only missing 20% of the team's games due to injury considered good now?

He did have an adequate 2nd pair season in 11-12. 

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

They could also do something incredibly crazy and actually bring on a new defenseman or two in any trade they make.

No, Ristolainen is addition by subtraction and Nelson is more than capable of playing 2nd pair minutes all year /Sabres smart twitter

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, Ristolainen is addition by subtraction and Nelson is more than capable of playing 2nd pair minutes all year /Sabres smart twitter

Don't forget Will Borgen! Sure he's only played 4 career NHL games but he didn't piss his pants in any of those 4 games, so we should be able to put him on the top pair with Dahlin next season without skipping a beat. I'm sure that won't set the team back whatsoever.

Edited by Drunkard

4 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Don't forget Will Borgen! Sure he's only played 4 career NHL games but he didn't pee his pants in any of those 4 games, so we should be able to put him on the top pair with Dahlin next season without skipping a beat. I'm sure that won't set the team back whatsoever.

We've finally started to stockpile some assets on the D side of things and people want to blow it up to address the forwards. After wanting to deal forwards to supplement the D a couple years ago. It's vicious cycle. 

I'm sure Botterill doesn't feel that way but it's funny to read. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sabres move McCabe and Riso, start the season with this D corps that would make even the tank units blush:

Dahlin - Montour

Scandella - Nelson

Hunwick - Borgen

Where do we slot Kulikov and Benoit (balls) in that lineup?

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How does Karlsson’s crazy new deal affect the market for Trouba?  

Increases it, I imagine. Trouba has to want to sign with the team that trades for him. He will be an expensive add in terms of assets and AAV. 

The fallback “going big” option is a blockbuster with Buffalo that includes Ristolainen, who would be cheaper both in terms of package and AAV ($5.4 million through 2021-22). In that scenario, Miller (or Johnson) and Callahan go the other way.

From The Athletic Sabres writer Joe Yerdon: “I think there’s enough ground there to make it work. Doing Tampa a solid taking Callahan ideally should juice the return with a prospect).”

Said Sabres beat writer John Vogl: “I think so. They turned down Ristolainen for (Taylor) Hall two years ago. His stock has dropped internally a little since then, but people would see Miller’s numbers and think (Kyle) ‘Okposo!’ So I think they’d want a little more. Obviously not the top prospect, but a decent one.”

From Joe Smith and the Athletic on Defenseman Targets now that Karlsson is off the board.

Also mentioned Callahan and Raddysh for a mid Round Pick as a possibility.

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Joe Smith and the Athletic on Defenseman Targets now that Karlsson is off the board.

Also mentioned Callahan and Raddysh for a mid Round Pick as a possibility.

Why on earth would Botterill give Risto for Miller, who's numbers definitely do not scream goal scoring, and tale a cap dump in Callahan?

Both Smith, and Yerdon as well as Vogl need to do a solid here, and just stop before their fists reach the lower intestines.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Why on earth would Botterill give Risto for Miller, who's numbers definitely do not scream goal scoring, and tale a cap dump in Callahan?

Both Smith, and Yerdon as well as Vogl need to do a solid here, and just stop before their fists reach the lower intestines.

Right, I feel like I've been missing something with these trade proposals. In theory, Tampa pays you an asset to take Callahan. So, essentially Miller and Callahan for nothing returned. If we are giving them Risto, we should definitely be getting something else, whatever his value is on the trade market. 

If Miller is so good that he's more than offsetting Callahan, we toss them a pick. Definitely needs to be a lot more coming back if Risto is included. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right, I feel like I've been missing something with these trade proposals. In theory, Tampa pays you an asset to take Callahan. So, essentially Miller and Callahan for nothing returned. If we are giving them Risto, we should definitely be getting something else, whatever his value is on the trade market. 

If Miller is so good that he's more than offsetting Callahan, we toss them a pick. Definitely needs to be a lot more coming back if Risto is included. 

I'd do Miller for Risto straight up, but if we're taking back Callahan then we need a nice add from their side. I'd almost view them as separate trades, even if they happen and get announced together. 

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

we'd need at least a 2nd rd pick in 2019 to take back Callahan.  I also think Risto is worth more then Miller.  

Risto and Hunwick for Miller, a good prospect and Callahan.

Noooooo thanks. You’re getting an AHL contract, a “meh-to-decent” lottery pick and a middle six forward for Risto. Not into it.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

we'd need at least a 2nd rd pick in 2019 to take back Callahan.  I also think Risto is worth more then Miller.  

Risto and Hunwick for Miller, a good prospect and Callahan.

If we trade Hunwick before the draft we also lose our 3rd round pick this year to Pittsburgh instead of our 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.