GDT: 10/24/19 Sabres @ Rangers, 7pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

We play the New York Rangers tonight. The Rangers are bad. They have an expected goals for at 5v5 of 1.8 compared to Buffalo's 3.1. Further our PP is 10% better than theirs and Rangers seem to top out at 2 goals a game. These are trap games for top teams but games if we truly are a top team we should win. 

Records

Rangers: 2-4-1 

Sabres: 8-1-1 

Fancy stats:

Rangers: 2.71 goals for, 1.8 xGF, 0.913sv%, 44.4cf% @5v5, 20.83pp%, 77.42pk%

Sabres: 3.70 goals for, 3.1 xGF, 0.929sv%, 47.5cf% @5v5, 30.77pp%, 76.67pk%

Image result for sabres rangers

Edited by LGR4GM

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We play the New York Rangers tonight. The Rangers are bad. They have an expected goals for at 5v5 of 1.8 compared to Buffalo's 3.1. Further our PP is 10% better than theirs and Rangers seem to top out at 2 goals a game. These are trap games for top teams but games if we truly are a top team we should win. 

Records

Rangers: 2-4-1 

Sabres: 8-1-1 

Fancy stats:

Rangers: 2.71 goals for, 1.8 xGF, 0.913sv%, 44.4cf% @5v5, 20.83pp%, 77.42pk%

Sabres: 3.70 goals for, 3.1 xGF, 0.929sv%, 47.5cf% @5v5, 30.77pp%, 76.67pk%

Thanks, I really like this addition to these, helps for me to put them in comparison. I'm surprised our CF% is that low though, I thought we've been outshooting teams almost every game

That being said we should dominate this game tonight. Expecting Ullmark in net for this one

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Thanks, I really like this addition to these, helps for me to put them in comparison. I'm surprised our CF% is that low though, I thought we've been outshooting teams almost every game

That being said we should dominate this game tonight. Expecting Ullmark in net for this one

Keep in mind that is at 5v5 specifically. While I would like to see it edge higher, I suspect that due to our team holding leads and being shelled late in games, our 5v5 corsi is down slightly. 

Side note hockeyreference where I pulled the xGF stats from just lost its mind. So I might need to update those numbers. Evolving wild actually figured out that the NHL shot tracking computer was calibrated incorrectly so I wonder if this is the retroactive update to fix shot locations. 

Edited by LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The athletic compared these ten games to last year’s streak with some fancy stats yesterday. One of them was CF% by situation. We have plus CF% when tied and trailing and are below 50% when winning. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

The athletic compared these ten games to last year’s streak with some fancy stats yesterday. One of them was CF% by situation. We have plus CF% when tied and trailing and are below 50% when winning. 

Thanks I missed this. Reading it now... 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Ah that explains it then, Liger was right. I wish sites like hockey reference showed those stats

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I hate the Rangers because I still have bad memories of Jagr doing bad things to us when he was with them.

I hate the Rangers because I hate watching games in MSG on tv

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Is the heat map as simple as blue=good; red=bad?

And don't talk to strangers little Smell

Another hockey night for Buffalo. 

Not ready to call them road warriors yet but they are playing solid on the road just 1 game better at home.

I would love a Sabres score fest road game so i can razz the Sh!t out of my Rangers fan B-in-law. 

This is the team that can do it. 

Please make it so Lets go Buff-a-lo ! 

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I hate the Rangers because I hate watching games in MSG on tv

For me I hate it because my hockey package seems to think MSG and MSG-B are the same channel so they shouldn't bother with whoever is the away team. So I'll be stuck listening to the Rags commentators tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.