Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

1 minute ago, ... said:

Do we not trust Botterill to recognize this, too? 

I go by negative inference: if it is true that the Sabres are trying to get Vesey, then I do not trust Botterill to have seen these data.  If he has, then I do not trust him to recognize their meaning.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

So a guy with the username E4 (isn't that an Eklund term) throws something out from a post on another message board and everyone is freaking out thinking it's true?  Just catching up on what I missed.

And speaking of that guy who I refuse to mention.  How is it, after all these years, people are still visiting that website and mentioning his made up rumors?  You want to go there for laughs, ok, but come on, the guy was debunked almost 15 years ago at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't see why we should trust Botterill at all. 

Don't you start today.  There's way too much potential for a big trade I'm focusing on.  This next big move will really sway my thoughts on JBotts.  Next 48 hours are going to be critical.

Edited by Derrico

Just now, Derrico said:

Don't you stat today.  There's way too much potential for a big trade I'm focusing on.  This next big move will really sway my thoughts on JBotts.

I'm not sold he's a failure or anything, I just think his first two seasons probably should have burned his benefit of the doubt. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't see why we should trust Botterill at all. 

I thought the consensus was that he only screwed up one trade, and there's not consensus on whether he was forced to make it..?

But, seriously, even JBot must know trading anything more than a 7th for Vesey is stupid.  

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

You do realize that

a) other player has to agree

b) the money will likely be significantly more.

A) Nope, didn't know players had to agree to sign contracts

B) Oh no... more money on team with almost no one signed past next year

Still better than trading for Vesey. Not to mention Vesey makes 2.275 now and has only this year on his deal meaning if you want him for more than a 1 year rental you are going to have to... pay him what? Double or roughly what Ferlund will be getting. 

1 minute ago, ... said:

I thought the consensus was that he only screwed up one trade, and there's not consensus on whether he was forced to make it..?

But, seriously, even JBot must know trading anything more than a 7th for Vesey is stupid.  

I think that part of the issue is not so much how many trades he has screwed up on; it is more on how badly he botched it.  (Berglund I can forgive; Sobotka, no way.)

2 minutes ago, ... said:

He's had two years to make the team better and has failed. Although I think the trade that shall not be named was a disaster, I'm purely focused on place in the standings. By that metric, there's no evidence he knows how to improve a hockey team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I'd rather we loan Sobotka to the KHL than buy him out and have his stupid cap hit for an extra year. 

Maybe have Berglund call Sobotka and tell him how great taking a year off is.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's had two years to make the team better and has failed. Although I think the trade that shall not be named was a disaster, I'm purely focused on place in the standings. By that metric, there's no evidence he knows how to improve a hockey team. 

I guess that's a fair metric.  I fail to see how this translates into Botterill seeing value in trading for Vesey, unless you think part of the reason for the team's place in the standings is because Botterill is an idiot.  And I sincerely mean that, no snark.  Because, if we do trade anything for Vesey, I will fully and completely agree that Botterill is a legit idiot.

Edited by ...
my binary was missing two bytes. whatever
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

THIS IS NOT A REAL THING BUT FOR CONVERSATION’S SAKE:

I had a dream last night we traded Risto, Mittelstadt, Borgen and 7 for Taylor Hall WITH AN EXTENSION SIGNED. Would you make that trade?

No, and I’d stop eating tacos at 11 pm.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.