GDT: Detroit at Buffalo 3/28/19 7:00pm MSG

Brawndo

Just now, jad1 said:

Yeah, he's a poor GM that way.

So not every move he made was correct.  Hire a rookie at anything and that will happen.  

1 minute ago, Tondas said:
Jack in the room after that period:

Everybody, listen to me
And return me my ship
I'm your captain, I'm your captain
Though I'm feeling mighty sick

I've been lost now, days uncounted
And it's months since I've seen home
Can you hear me, can you hear me
Or am I all alone? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Well all you have to do to force a defensive zone turnover is skate up and say "boo!"

I mean I'd actually question the result if we are talking strictly today's iteration of the team as it stands right now. How these guys are playing. 

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm dead serious: could these Sabres beat a good AHL team?

Nylander, Borgen, Pilut and Olofsson are minor leaguers. Some would argue Sobotka, Mittelstadt and Nelson should be.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

For the past few month I would say that they are an AHL team. 

Or this...

I just don’t get why Jack can’t turn it up another level and dominate, especially against the weaker teams.  We need him to carry us through the lulls   

Look at the league scoring leaders. They play at a high level for longer and more consistent periods of time.  Reinhart and Skinner are streaky but Jack needs to keep them at a high level.  

I also dont don’t know why our power play is so weak. 

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

If the Sabres score in the Key Bank Center and no one is there to see it, does it count?

Another empty crowd.  Lots of red and white in the 100 level.  Sad. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I just don’t get why Jack can’t turn it up another level and dominate, especially against the weaker teams.  We need him to carry us through the lulls   

Look at the league scoring leaders. They play at a high level for longer and more consistent periods of time.  Reinhart and Skinner are streaky but Jack needs to keep them at a high level.  

For someone noted for his speed, Jack doesn't seem to have that breakaway, separation speed. For comparison look at the rush that Anesthesia dude had in the first.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.