GDT:Leafs at Sabres 7pm 3/20/19

Brawndo

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Worst part about that period was both Toronto goals were purely luck. It seems as if regardless of if we play hard as possible or pack it in like wimps; the bounces will always favor our opponents and I can honestly understand if some of the Sabres feel that way at this point. Effectively why bother playing hard if the other team will score off a triple deflection.  

The second goal was not luck, it was simply a matter of time.  The leaves controlled the puck in our zone forever, our guys watched them.  Not luck when you dominate a shift like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Why would you ever like Sittler, Salming, etc. ????   Are you Canadian ?  

Nope, but back in the day, from North Tonawanda, if I held the rabbit ears antenna just right, I could catch HNIC games on CBC on a 19 inch black and white TV.  Next to the Sabres, they were my favorite team.  Obviously, I have matured my hatred since then. ?

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

The second goal was not luck, it was simply a matter of time.  The leaves controlled the puck in our zone forever, our guys watched them.  Not luck when you dominate a shift like that.  

Need guys who like to hit and play strong defense.  Too many passive players on this roster.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tondas said:

Nope, but back in the day, from North Tonawanda, if I held the rabbit ears antenna just right, I could catch HNIC games on CBC on a 19 inch black and white TV.  Next to the Sabres, they were my favorite team.  Obviously, I have matured my hatred since then. ?

You should have read my book, “Hockey is a Battle”.  Our go to a Sabres-Leaves game in the 70’s.  Your hatred for the Leaves would have been immediate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What happened to meaningless wins once you've fallen out of the playoff race and there's no pressure? This team is eroding by the game. 

The more likely we are to get a high pick, the more unlikely it seems to me that pick will be enough to make a real difference in any immediate capacity. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.