GDT:Leafs at Sabres 7pm 3/20/19

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Those Ontario peeps, always coming in droves to shop here, weird. 

I made sure to make some comments, I got some chuckles and some grump faces. Either way, F em

"Canadians are pouring over the border.  They’re bringing beer. They’re bringing poutine. They’re Leafs fans.  And some, I assume, are good people.”

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tondas said:

"Canadians are pouring over the border.  They’re bringing beer. They’re bringing poutine. They’re Leafs fans.  And some, I assume, are good people.”

Bringing beer. Good.

Bringing poutine. Mey.

Leafs fans. Can we even consider them human?

Lot's of really good Canadians. They're all Sabre fans!

Edited by woods-racer

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm out doing some shopping on Niagara falls Blvd and in noticing 2 things. 

A. How are there so many people off of work at 1pm on an idle Wednesday, like seriously, all the yuppies are in full force, especially at TjMaxx/homegoods

B. I've seen a significant number of maple leaf jerseys on and not one Sabres jersey, it's annoying and it pisses me off, I wanna beat the leaves/leafs even more now. 

Try working with them.  It blows.

Speaking of which...

Blow leaves blow!  

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

To update, I came to galleria, wow, bad move. 

They've invaded and are taking over. 

I'm outnumbered, SS, paging for help 

Sounds like you're a glutton for punishment.  You're going to all of their favorite stomping grounds.  Steer clear of The Cheesecake Factory.  They'll drive hours to go there! 

I would REALLY love us to beat the Laughs but we will not.

They are a very fast offensively skilled team, deep with skilled forwards..........but they are softer than soft. You beat them by playing hard physical hockey. Sadly, we are just as soft but we do not (yet) have the forward depth to compete with them for a full 60 minutes. we will go speed and strength against speed and strength, and we will lose, cause more of them know how to put the puck in the net. 

Botterill is on live with Schopp and Bulldog right now.

"Part of the beauty of our game is that our fans are passionate and they have different ideas on how things should be done"....

I've heard this quite a lot before!

LOL

That was his response to Schopp asking if he can defend Housley's decision making process, where he will sit a goalie base on a loss in a shootout, for example.

He said nightly lineup formation is ultimately Housley's call, though there is always chat between Botterill and Housley.

Funny....now cutting live to Phil Housley PC, asked about tonight's lineup.

He just said Hutton gets the start and the lineup is unchanged from the St. Louis game.

Why?  "We got a result".

This guy makes personnel decisions, consistently, on the result of the preceding game, which is pretty f-ing damning in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

Funny....now cutting live to Phil Housley PC, asked about tonight's lineup.

He just said Hutton gets the start and the lineup is unchanged from the St. Louis game.

Why?  "We got a result".

This guy makes personnel decisions, consistently, on the result of the preceding game, which is pretty f-ing damning in my opinion.

Odd phraseology.  A loss is a result as well.

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Paul Hamilton reporting that tons of tickets were sold by Sabres fans for this game and that it will be a 2/3 Toronto crowd.

That sucks.

I haven’t had a chance to go to a Sabres game in about a decade. Those people must be fortunate enough to go to a lot of games because they’d rather sell their ticket then see them play the Leafs.

Just now, Pimlach said:

Wow.  First 3 minutes and I have not seen one Sabres jersey in the 100 level.    Three attempts at the Blow - Leaves - Blow Cheer.  

This is sad. 

Agreed. It’s got me much more invested in the game. I want to see all these ***** go home pissed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.