GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1/29/2019, 7PM, MSG

SABRES 0311

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't mind the debate honestly.

I agree, I like the debate and knowledge. 

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

At 28 points Dahlin is 6th all time in points by a d-man under 19. He's one behind Ekblad

He doesn't turn 19 until the offseason

Offseason? You spelled playoffs wrong. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK. It’s time to knock off the “you’re not as smart as I am” posts.  

Good one.

As an aside, for the last 10 minutes of the game, the only part of the game I could watch, Zach Bogosian looked in total command every time he touched the puck.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Maybe the one I started where the Sabres won 9-2?

GDT: Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres, 2:16 p.m., November 3, 2018

Hopefully people will get used to seeing that 11/3 is the new Groundhog's Day (or more accurately Otter's Day).  But expect they will get REALLY confused when the games actually start at 7:00PM or 8:00PM.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

What shift/period exactly are you talking about

The one we were going back n forth on... it’s at the 6 minute mark of the 3rd.

while I would rather have the mitts line on in that scenario, you proposed a valid hypothetical... what if Housley was choosing in that situation to keep Mitts line away. So I checked...

turned our Mitts line was coming off, and Housley made the tactical decision to put the Sobotka line out over the well rested Larsson line. that’s likely because the Panarin line had only sat for 1 shift. Torts did the obvious and put Panarin line out on 1 shifts rest because duh... it promptly led to 2 high quality scoring chances....

if Housley had put out the Larsson line torts would’ve been forced to choose between the defensive matchup and the top line/top line matchup on 1 of the next 2 shifts

The small things matter and Housley will get eaten alive if we are lucky enough to make the playoffs

2 minutes ago, jame said:

What?

i took the time and put in the effort to break down Housley’s deployment... and got called insufferable for it.

That’s only because management doesn’t let us use big boy words. I however am in favor of profanity laced attacks. It is my toxic masculinity nature to identify keyboard DBags and make them cry in mom’s basement.

Disclaimer: In no way is this a personal attack against another poster or any other violation of the terms of use for which I promise I really did read. It’s more of a cry for help.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Also:  TT doesn’t get many opportunities to just cruise into the slot unmolested and fire the weapon.  When he does — look out.  

Yeah, he was the right player to target in the trade.  He's still growing into that goofy giraffe body but once he gets used to it I think he's going to be pretty wonderful.  When he walked the puck in before shooting and then scored, I didn't help or cheer or anything; I was certain as soon as he skated into the open ice that he would score, so there was no surprise at all.

I notice when the puck's in the O-zone and his linemates have it, he alternates between covering the other team's outlet pass and looking for soft spots in the zone.  It's hard for someone his size to hide, but he tries.

There was a rush late in the game that would have been a two-on-one but he really got on his horse and kept up with the Columbus winger.  In the end the pass didn't get through, but he was in the best position he could manage to stop the play.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm glad they won, but I feel like 2/3 and maybe 3/4 of the teams in the NHL would've beaten the Sabres tonight.

When the NHL first implemented the break a few years back (not the regular all star break) they got some good data on teams that take time off like that vs teams that don't; long stretches of time off in hockey make you sloppy and they rarely won. That's what we saw tonight. In a way, it's a good thing to be playing Dallas tomorrow night, as they're also off their break

After Sunday's games, NHL teams have gone 4-12-4 in their first game back from the bye. Saturday was particularly bloody, with the Blackhawks, Capitals, Canadiens, Lightning and Predators all losing in their return to the ice after short rests.

The 16 teams that lost have been collectively outscored by 37 goals, and even when you throw in the four teams that won, the goal differential remains minus-30. Ten of the losing teams either scored just once or not at all.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/ct-nhl-bye-weeks-losing-record-20170221-story.html

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm glad they won, but I feel like 2/3 and maybe 3/4 of the teams in the NHL would've beaten the Sabres tonight.

Could be rust from the time off. Hopefully we see some more improvements this week.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But they didn't play 2/3 of the teams in the NHL.  They just played one.

That is very Zen like with a little bit of mic drop.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.