Is it "Skinnard" or "Skinnert"?

Eleven

I like Rob Ray.  I cheered for him for years.  He’s a top 30 alumnus, in my estimation, of this fifty year old passion of mine.

I know exactly who he means when he says Skinnert, or some variation thereon.

Rob has quirks.   So do I.  When someone I love has quirks, it’s endearing.  When someone I don’t love has those same quirks, it’s annoying.  I love Rob Ray.  My now grown daughter did, too.   There’s too much human connection with Rob Ray to ever hope he’s gone.

I think we lose something when we sanitize everything away.

Oh, and my kids friends called me Mr. Shrek, for good reason.  We can legitimately debate whether or not I’m biased.  We can’t debate ol’ Rob’s place in my history, story, life, passions ...  and heart.

That Skinnert was a heck of an acquisition.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Neo said:

I like Rob Ray.  I cheered for him for years.  He’s a top 30 alumnus, in my estimation, of this fifty year old passion of mine.

I know exactly who he means when he says Skinnert, or some variation thereon.

Rob has quirks.   So do I.  When someone I love has quirks, it’s endearing.  When someone I don’t love has those same quirks, it’s annoying.  I love Rob Ray.  My now grown daughter did, too.   There’s too much human connection with Rob Ray to ever hope he’s gone.

I think we lose something when we sanitize everything away.

Oh, and my kids friends called my Mr. Shrek, for good reason.  We can legitimately debate whether or not I’m biased.  We can’t debate ol’ Rob’s place in my history, story, life, passions ...  and heart.

That Skinnert was a heck of an acquisition.

I liked the banter between him and RJ last game. I think it was RJ saying Razor should pick up that English book Marty Biron wrote.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

He shouldn't be the analyst. When he had to do play by play and did running analysis instead, he was exposed as someone who doesn't really understand the game. Then last game he admitted he didn't know the rule regarding goalie interference challenges. Not excuse.

Keep him between the benches as the third wheel for color and comedic relief. Bring Jim Lorentz back or exhume Pat Hannigan. You know who would be terrific? LINDY. If he tells the story about that time they replaced  Sean McKenna's hemorrhoid cream with Ben Gay, oh, I'll pee myself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.