GDT - Bruins @ Sabres - December 29, 2018 - 7:00 PM - MSG-B; NESN

Sabres Fan in NS

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

There is no plausible explanation for Scandella and Beaulieu being in over Pilut. 

I think Scandy is better than Pilut.

I'm not even going to pretend to care about what those charts think they tell us.

And I like Pilut.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm not even going to pretend to care about what those charts think they tell us.

And I like Pilut.

Swamp you are one of my favorite posters on SabreSpace. 

But you are wrong on this one. 

Granted Scandella does get a lot of screen time standing in front of Hutton as the opposing team moves the puck all over the Sabres Zone taking shot after shot. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

So Housley is ignoring the fact that despite their size and experience the Sabres are much worse when those two are on the ice compared to Pilut? 

The same coach who wanted to provide a jump start in secondary scoring so he moves Remi Elie to the second line? 

Is it plausible that Housley makes very questionable decisions at times? 

5F279B81-2704-42AA-8F9A-09CF7717AD71.png

57638CE1-5959-4898-AB91-068F64A5E8B3.png

FDA41E07-441A-4C68-A12A-D5799AB3DB76.png

54542799-CE5C-4601-B52F-6686C6DA9E1E.png

31971C65-9486-4081-8BC2-E5C5A977A466.png

Nice charts, not sure what unblocked shot rate for and against really tells you in a team sport.  I assume the other 4 players, and the 5 opponents also drive the data. 

I just heard Housley say Pilot did not have a good game against St Louis.  I would agree with that  but no one did.  

I dont see the problem with letting Pilut sit a game.    I also think Beaulieu has played good this year, better than Scandella has. Of course I’m fully aware Beaulieu can self destruct at any time.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

And I like Pilut.

I am in the minority here, but I agree with you.  At crunch time give me a veteran every single time.  Pilut has a very good chance to end up better, but he isn't yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.