GDT Ottawa Senators vs Buffalo Sabres 7:30pm ET 11/1/18

Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I know it's the wrong thread, but I wanna go Saturday for that Ottawa game, is it worth it to go looking for scalpers, or buy stub hub, or anyone here have a good deal on seats. It's not a steal like years past online because we don't suck as bad.

Where do you want/like to sit?

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's the Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators to be nitpicky.

I think we need an "at" in there too.

27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I usually like to get a close row up in the 300s to see the plays develop, closer to center but not too picky, but getting closer seats I'm not opposed to either. 

I got such a seat for 14 bucks on Tuesday night. With StubHub fees and such, the total was just under $20.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I love that Pominville's in for his 1000th game at the site of his greatest moment as a pro -- also one of the franchise's greatest moments ever (and my personal favourite).

Let's Go, Buffalo!

I had been hoping that he would get lightly banged up or switched out for Remi like several had been in the first few games this season, to make game 1000 at home against Ottawa, but he's been healthy and hasn't deserved to be pulled out. 

This is cool though. 

When I picture Jason, I picture him putting up points against Ottawa. Or taking that clapper against Tim Thomas and the Bruins in Boston. 

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Ordinarily this is the kind of game where I would expect us to get trounced. Ottawa has lost 4 straight and we're the team that teams love to bust slumps against.

That said, I think Pommers 1000th game makes this special. And I think the guys respect and like Jason, and will come to play for him tonight. 

Jacky boy is gonna set him up for the hat trick tonight. 

Games against the Senators have been consistently entertaining. Their best games of the 15-16 and 16-17 seasons, IMO, were against Ottawa. Jack's first game back in 16-17 was great, as was the one in 15-16 where he beats Karlsson and shrugs off 6-7 20000 pound Wiercoch for the gorgeous wraparound as part of his 2 goal night to win 3-2. 4-0 with a Foligno goal and Jack's filthy pass to Sam from behind the net. Lehner was always so good against them. 

Let's do this boys! You can win these next two, but like against Montreal, make sure you're skating!! 

Can't watch this one until ~11:30 tonight. Proctoring a 3 hour mid-term that doesn't start until 730 pm. Who does that for an intro undergrad class??

Edited by Randall Flagg

All right another hockey night to look forward to. The 1st of 15 for a November to remember. 

McCabe back in so D pairings back to what was working better.

Agree with those wondering why no Erod. He was playing better than what we have seen of Elie or Tage.

Looks like Phil's going to keep us guessing "Housley's" doing this...

I hope to see us back to a puck possession 5 man press all over the ice and Sabre's win...

Lets Go Buffalo  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Seems pretty sh##ty to take a guy out of the lineup and give his spot away because he missed 1 game while his wife had a baby.

I hope there is more to this story or the truth is something else, because if ERod is being sat because he missed a game while his wife had their kid HCPH can suck it some where far far away from Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

I hope there is more to this story or the truth is something else, because if ERod is being sat because he missed a game while his wife had their kid HCPH can suck it some where far far away from Buffalo.

There is. There's no way that's the reason

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Do have a link to back up that assertion?

What about all of what Housley has said, and what all of the Pegulas have said and done as far as players and their families, makes you think this would be a reasonable explanation. It's correlation not causation

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There is. There's no way that's the reason

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Do have a link to back up that assertion?

Posted this in another thread, but according to Paul Hamilton ERod was already going to sit in the game he missed. When he found out he asked if he could go be with his wife instead of sitting in the press box.

So its not the reason. What the reason is, however, is not clear at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sabills said:

Posted this in another thread, but according to Paul Hamilton ERod was already going to sit in the game he missed. When he found out he asked if he could go be with his wife instead of sitting in the press box.

So its not the reason. What the reason is, however, is not clear at all.

The reason is they traded for Tage Thompson and he hasn't played at all

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What about all of what Housley has said, and what all of the Pegulas have said and done as far as players and their families, makes you think this would be a reasonable explanation. It's correlation not causation

Pegula also said "Pardon my French, but Lindy ain't goin' nowhere."

12 minutes ago, sabills said:

I don't understand why they won't send him down. He clearly needs more time. Bring up Olafsson, who was just named AHL player of the month.

They should certainly not bring up Olofsson. They should send Tage down and just keep Elie on the team and play Erod. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They should certainly not bring up Olofsson. They should send Tage down and just keep Elie on the team and play Erod. 

Exactly. It's simple things like this that I don't understand why it's so freaking hard for the Sabres to understand

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.