Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

https://thedispatch.com/p/what-my-family-saw-at-the-nashville

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/the-center-is-not-holding

https://thebulwark.com/its-a-set-up/

https://thebulwark.com/newsletter-issue/this-is-how-kent-state-happened/

Be careful of "spontaneous" protests which are not organised with help of local community leaders.  Odds are, the best ones are organising with Law Enforcement to arrange peaceful demonstrations if the police are trustworthy.  Aside from those articles, I have from several sources that:

Organised crime is trying to whip up protests with the intent of instigating violence.  In this case, the protesters are not just the pretext, but also human shields against cross-fire.

Hostile governments are randomly dumping bricks, rocks, guns,  etc. for people to "find" and then, once enough people are in the are, they instigated violence.  They will shoot at both sides to make each think the other started it.

Smaller groups (III-%ers, antifa-sympathisers, etc.) have been sending groups to different cities to shoot protesters or police, depending on their bent.

Note that antifa-types are more organised in Europe; here they just import the talent to organise; they are looser but the ones from Europe spoil to instigate fights with police.  White Supremacists are more organised but unlikely to fire on police.

The incident 2 nights ago on Bailey was instigated by three people allegedly here from Minneapolis to "sell cigarettes."  How do I know?  When their pictures were on the news, a friend of mine went bananas because he saw them at Lafayette Square station in the early afternoon.  I have similar contact from friends and family around the country.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Seriously. It didn't sound like anything real was actually happening in that video. I saw some cop cars, heard some sirens. I don't believe any gunshots were fired in that.

There is a serious Chaos Campaign going on here and I want to know who and why.

Edited by SwampD

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Seriously. It didn't sound like anything real was actually happening in that video. I saw some cop cars, heard some sirens. I don't believe any gunshots were fired in that.

There is a serious Chaos Campaign going on here and I want to know who and why.

Pretty sure those were gun shots.  People in cars leaving the parking lot were in a hurry except the one car that just sat there.

Edited by SABRES 0311

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They were photoshopped.

Until I see eight more iPhone videos of the same thing, I'm calling BS.

I dunno. Shots sound like they come further away until they stop. Made me think it was someone shooting from a car moving out of the area.

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I dunno. Shots sound like they come further away until they stop. Made me think it was someone shooting from a car moving out of the area.

What about the "shots" coming from right near the camera? The cameraman is just going to stand there and not take cover? I thinks it's BS.

I hate that rioters ruin the message of the protesters,… mostly, because I think it's their goal.

Edited by SwampD

So much for my comments in the now locked thread that at least this police violence wasn’t happening locally.

A local news crew caught on film a Buffalo cop violently shove a 75yr old man who was just in the way.  The man fell, hit his head on the pavement and the video footage shows blood streaming out of his right ear while he remained motionless in the road.

a dozen cops walked right by as he lay there unconscious and bleeding and not a cop stopped to check how badly he was hurt.  A 75 yr old man down and badly damaged and not a single public servant stopped to check on him.  It took a National Guardsman to check on the man and get medical help.

And the news crew filming?  They were immediately forced to leave.

The BPD official statement was that the old man tripped and was hurt.  If it wasn’t for that news crew the truth would never get out.

Its really difficult for me to not express myself in the way I want.  This sort of thing is EXACTLY why these protests are happening.

Its time to cut the tree down and plant a new one.  This one is too diseased to save.

Of course online the first comments I saw in response was "well what was the old guy thinking! Why is no one blaming the old man for putting himself in a dangerous situation?"

The level of disconnect some are showing in support of dictator in orange and his pro-dominate movement is disturbing.

Edited by drnkirishone

35 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Of course online the first comments I saw in response was "well what was the old guy thinking! Why is no one blaming the old man for putting himself in a dangerous situation?"

The level of disconnect some are showing in support of dictator in orange and his pro-dominate movement is disturbing.

Somewhere on the Twitterverse I stumbled upon someone cataloging the police brutality events at these protests. They were counting specifically camera documented events. If memory serves it was over 200 like 2 or 3 days ago.  The number of attacks by cops on media personnel alone is staggering.

If this society is going to move forward, all this will need to result in substantive change to how policing is done.

Like I said, the tree is badly diseased.

Edited by Weave

7 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

word is all 57 members of the emergency response team have resigned from the team in protest for the 2 suspended.....

Resigned from the emergency response team assignment that they have, not from the BPD.

And I say, good.  Help them further their decisions and show them the door if they don’t understand why that incident was wrong.  This city doesn’t need that kind of mentality on its police force.

Some of the complaints are that these guys were suspended for following orders.  That Supervisor needs to be gone as well if true.

1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

As if following orders made what they did acceptable

This is where the 2nd Amendment guys really need to take notice.  The police are more than willing to follow orders to shut down 1st Amendment displays.  Should the time come, what makes anyone think they won't do the same for 2nd Amendment?  Just following orders.....

1 hour ago, Weave said:

This is where the 2nd Amendment guys really need to take notice.  The police are more than willing to follow orders to shut down 1st Amendment displays.  Should the time come, what makes anyone think they won't do the same for 2nd Amendment?  Just following orders.....

Are you saying people who are worried about 2A have a reason to be?

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Are you saying people who are worried about 2A have a reason to be?

Yes.  The police are showing that they will do what they are told, regardless of whether what they are doing violates a basic bill of rights tenet.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:54 PM, Weave said:

Disagreed. I have seen many many police chiefs/unions get on television and say they won’t follow orders if they don’t agree with them. The constituency of the police force has changed radically in the last 25 years since the crime bill was passed. From my understanding it is much more right leaning, much more pro second amendment, much more assault type rifles. There was a time they were for more gun control in a banding of certain weapons. That’s long gone. It’s a different group of people.

Hey all, sorry, extremely busy at work.  I've barely been around and will likely not be around much over the next few months.

I'm not gonna get involved in the conversation, but why are these posts in the Donald Trump thread as opposed to being in their own thread to discuss the topic?

Are these moved by the mods?  If they were please let me know so I can ask that if they are gonna drop kick posts into this club that they at least not just dump it into a thread to which it doesn't directly apply.

21 hours ago, LTS said:

Hey all, sorry, extremely busy at work.  I've barely been around and will likely not be around much over the next few months.

I'm not gonna get involved in the conversation, but why are these posts in the Donald Trump thread as opposed to being in their own thread to discuss the topic?

Are these moved by the mods?  If they were please let me know so I can ask that if they are gonna drop kick posts into this club that they at least not just dump it into a thread to which it doesn't directly apply.

Noy sure which ones you are specifically referring to, but there were a bunch of mod dumps.

On 6/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, Weave said:

Noy sure which ones you are specifically referring to, but there were a bunch of mod dumps.

Yeah.. a bunch related to Black Lives Matter, Antifa, shootings.. none of which should really be in this thread, but in their own.

23 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah.. a bunch related to Black Lives Matter, Antifa, shootings.. none of which should really be in this thread, but in their own.

When the conversation started someone brought up the idea of a separate thread. We pretty much dove right in but it should’ve been it’s own thing. I’m surprised we didn’t bring up Briere, Drury or ROR somehow.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this guy sucks. Retweeting “white power”? Letting Vlad put a bounty on our heads? And on and on with this guy. 

His name comes up in a course (that was written before his tenure) that warns young apprentices to be wise with their earnings and not go bankrupt. 

Joker. Lier. Racist. Little. Tiny. Loser. Bankrupt.

My country takes the world stage as a B actor with him as director.