Eichel & the "Fix" for '18-'19 Season

Bluto

The pall the past few games has cast has only intensified my belief that a heroic run to 29th is what these players need.

As beaten down as the board is, as apathetic as the fans in the arena are, imagine being the ones responsible for that?

I still think talent is our primary issue, but maybe Lehner/McCabe/Risto/Reinhart/O’Reilly/Eichel/Girgensons/Larsson/Kane/Foligno/Ennis/Gorges/Moulson/Bogosian have simply seen too much losing and need to be swept away like a bad marriage.

When Botterill was pressed on why Kane was traded, his response was ‘what we have is not working’

The scuttlebutt around the league from the new regime is “the problems are deeper than we thought.”

The housecleaning has started and I expect to see more this summer.

Most of us are advocating flushing all the UFAs, but let’s go two steps further.

Cut Lehner and Gorges and Johnson loose.

Buy out Moulson, Pominville and Bogosian.

Trade Girgensons and Larsson for a couple of Wilsons - nobodys who work hard and skate, and who haven’t been poisoned.

End the Beaulieu and Antipin experiments.

And make a big hockey (not futures) trade that shakes up the core.

What could we get for a package of:

Ristolainen and Reinhart?

McCabe and O’Reilly?

Eichel and anybody?

Promote Nelson, Guhle, Baptiste, Bailey and Ullmark full time.

Give Mittelstadt Borgen and our first rounder a shot.

Go to camp with a roster that has been scoured almost entirely of players that have played more than 80 Buffalo games prior to Botterill and Housley taking over.

The pall the past few games has cast has only intensified my belief that a heroic run to 29th is what these players need.

As beaten down as the board is, as apathetic as the fans in the arena are, imagine being the ones responsible for that?

I still think talent is our primary issue, but maybe Lehner/McCabe/Risto/Reinhart/O’Reilly/Eichel/Girgensons/Larsson/Kane/Foligno/Ennis/Gorges/Moulson/Bogosian have simply seen too much losing and need to be swept away like a bad marriage.

When Botterill was pressed on why Kane was traded, his response was ‘what we have is not working’

The scuttlebutt around the league from the new regime is “the problems are deeper than we thought.”

The housecleaning has started and I expect to see more this summer.

Most of us are advocating flushing all the UFAs, but let’s go two steps further.

Cut Lehner and Gorges and Johnson loose.

Buy out Moulson, Pominville and Bogosian.

Trade Girgensons and Larsson for a couple of Wilsons - nobodys who work hard and skate, and who haven’t been poisoned.

End the Beaulieu and Antipin experiments.

And make a big hockey (not futures) trade that shakes up the core.

What could we get for a package of:

Ristolainen and Reinhart?

McCabe and O’Reilly?

Eichel and anybody?

Promote Nelson, Guhle, Baptiste, Bailey and Ullmark full time.

Give Mittelstadt Borgen and our first rounder a shot.

Go to camp with a roster that has been scoured almost entirely of players that have played more than 80 Buffalo games prior to Botterill and Housley taking over.

so... burn it down again ? 

IMO we're closer than that. 

I might have to scour dudacek's post again for sarcasm. I might even get my black light out.

Hockey teams are chemistry experiments. A bunch of junk went into a beaker and fizzled this season — didn't even fizzled, it just sat there. You've got to try a dramatically different combination next year.

I'm intrigued by the idea that Botterill is not married to anything Murray did, including the ROR trade and the two number-two picks.

Alas, an Eichel trade, for business reasons, is a non-starter. It would never get past Brandon to even get to Terry.

I might have to scour dudacek's post again for sarcasm. I might even get my black light out.

Hockey teams are chemistry experiments. A bunch of junk went into a beaker and fizzled this season — didn't even fizzled, it just sat there. You've got to try a dramatically different combination next year.

I'm intrigued by the idea that Botterill is not married to anything Murray did, including the ROR trade and the two number-two picks.

Alas, an Eichel trade, for business reasons, is a non-starter. It would never get past Brandon to even get to Terry.

I don't think you have to try a dramatically different combination. Hockey teams are weird and you only have to add or subtract one or two guys (and maybe even not the ones you would suspect) to dramatically alter the chemistry.

I don't think you have to try a dramatically different combination. Hockey teams are weird and you only have to add or subtract one or two guys (and maybe even not the ones you would suspect) to dramatically alter the chemistry.

I can't believe you're blaming Chi Chi.

No sarcasm.

(And I mostly agree with this post - and Swamp’s too)

Edited by dudacek

I think a blockbuster deal that moves several high profile players for different several high profile players is truly needed.  Not picks and prospects.  Veterans.  A good old fashioned reshape the team hockey trade.

I'm here.

To Swamp's point, it may just be a couple players that need to be moved to jumpstart things, and it would be a trade like this that would do it.

But make no mistake, plenty of others will need to be moved out as well, purely from a talent standpoint.

I am fine with a major trade and I may even be hoping for one that includes one or 2 of Reino, ROR and Risto, but I don’t want to trade Eichel.

FWIW, I kinda think JBott will be discussing deals involving Reino and/or Risto this summer.

I love the way you deep thinking hockey fans, who probably buy Sabre jerseys and go to the games no matter what, give the players little nicknames!!! 

That helps you build a bond with them - a personal bond - even if they are little kids skating on ice for millions of dollars!  They are the ice capade stars of your generation.  It really isn't hockey anymore. 

The people that know the game - - the deep, gutsy, hard part of the game - - realize Eichel isn't the guy!  Do you??

I love the way you deep thinking hockey fans, who probably buy Sabre jerseys and go to the games no matter what, give the players little nicknames!!! 

That helps you build a bond with them - a personal bond - even if they are little kids skating on ice for millions of dollars!  They are the ice capade stars of your generation.  It really isn't hockey anymore. 

The people that know the game - - the deep, gutsy, hard part of the game - - realize Eichel isn't the guy!  Do you??

I like the cut of your jib, Heath Ledger's Joker!

You must tear down our White Knight, Jack Eichel, to prove even the best can be corruptible.

What does this say about you? You get your kicks out of tearing us Ice Capades fans down. You're a true American hero. Make hockey great again.

That helps you build a bond with them - a personal bond - even if they are little kids skating on ice for millions of dollars! They are the ice capade stars of your generation. It really isn't hockey anymore.

The people that know the game - - the deep, gutsy, hard part of the game - - realize Eichel isn't the guy! Do you??

Sir: either communicate in a less obnoxious way, or keep quiet.

Guess what? Don't think you're as smart as you think you are. Of course you really know the game so please enlighten the rest of us.

That helps you build a bond with them - a personal bond - even if they are little kids skating on ice for millions of dollars! They are the ice capade stars of your generation. It really isn't hockey anymore.

The people that know the game - - the deep, gutsy, hard part of the game - - realize Eichel isn't the guy! Do you??

1111963.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.