OT: I'm weak, what's wrong with that?

Marvelo

When I go to Gold's Gym, they play a block of songs throughout the whole place. One that sticks out, because they seem to play it over and over again, is the song "Weak" by AJR. It's a song that has racked up over 33 million views on youtube.

It's an earworm that sticks in your mind, the lyrics and the tune... There's only about five notes in the whole thing:

But I'm weak, and what's wrong with that? 
Boy, oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

I was thinking about it and that's really the wrong message to send, especially at a gym. Because it's not ok to be weak, especially at a gym. Being weak is lame. We know what lame is all about with the Sabres the last few years. It's not fun to watch.

But it seems to have become the anthem of the snowflake generation and it has seeped down to every level of society.

Edited by Marvelo

When I go to Gold's Gym, they play a block of songs throughout the whole place. One that sticks out, because they seem to play it over and over again, is the song "Weak" by AJR. It's a song that has racked up over 33 million views on youtube.

It's an earworm that sticks in your mind, the lyrics and the tune... There's only about five notes in the whole thing:

I was thinking about it and that's really the wrong message to send, especially at a gym. Because it's not ok to be weak, especially at a gym. Being weak is lame. We know what lame is all about with the Sabres the last few years. It's not fun to watch.

But it seems to have become the anthem of the snowflake generation and it has seeped down to every level of society.

No kidding, those Boomers complain about every damn thing and everyone. "His pants are too baggy!" "I'm offended when someone protests!" "Those brown people were speaking another language!" Snowflakes is good word for them.

No kidding, those Boomers complain about every damn thing and everyone. "His pants are too baggy!" "I'm offended when someone protests!" "Those brown people were speaking another language!" Snowflakes is good word for them.

Perfect.

The reason that children are the most creepy/frightening thing in horror movies is that they are a reminder to us all that we will soon be dead and they will take our place.

Though it be inevitable and inescapable, we still feel compelled to rage against it. Our impotent barks lost entirely in the the maddening void of mortality.

Thank you. I was gonna go for something pithy about meltdowns and fragile notions... 

but yeah, the song (i had to go look it up) is about being weak towards a woman he's got the ol' butterflies for. Not his inability to afford a house because of his overwhelming addiction to avocado toast. 

Thank you. I was gonna go for something pithy about meltdowns and fragile notions... 

but yeah, the song (i had to go look it up) is about being weak towards a woman he's got the ol' butterflies for. Not his inability to afford a house because of his overwhelming addiction to avocado toast. 

Would be a great new car color. "Is it electric and do they have it in avocado toast?"

Actually, given their intolerance of the snow - calling them "snowflakes" makes them sound tougher than they really are.

Sorry if I'm working out and that song comes on, the workout is over. Gimme some old school metal, some 90s alternative, 2000's Nu metal, pre 2010 hip hop. That song makes me want to pee in someone's cheerios.

What music do you play when you uber? I’m always interested in the different genres I hear. And of course there are plenty of no-music drivers.

What music do you play when you uber? I’m always interested in the different genres I hear. And of course there are plenty of no-music drivers.

I try to gauge what the rider may like based on age and style. If the riders want to talk, I'll ask what music they like. Otherwise someone pretty straight forward like classic rock or old hip hop.

:lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.