Which QB Do the Bills Draft?

GASabresIUFAN

Bills Draft  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills Draft a QB in the 1st Round

• Yes, they trade into the top 10 to get their Franchise QB
    • Yes, they let draft come to them and grab one with pick 12 or later.
    • No, they miss out on the big guys, but draft one in a later round
    • No, they don’t draft a QB at all.
  2. 2. Which QB Do They Draft?

• Sam Darnold - USC 6-3 221
    • Josh Rosen - UCLA 6-4 210
    • Josh Allen - Wyoming 6-4 237
    • Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma 6-0 216
    • Lamar Jackson - Louisville 6-3 205
    • Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma St 6-4 235
    • Luke Falk - Washington St 6-3 211
    • Other - such as Kyle Lauletta, Chase Litton, Riley Ferguson, or Mike White
    • Other - not listed.

Ok, make your QB draft predictions

I think they draft to fill a need at 12 and then make sure the get Rudolph sometime later in the 1st.

My second scenario is that Mayfield falls some and the price drops and the Bills jump into the top 10 to take him.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I went with Falk;  I didn't find "happy feet" which was a phrase from EJ Manuel's report, but this guy has a strong arm, poor decision making ability, and would be a 'work in progress'.   Much like Manuel.    I don't trust Buffalo to make a wise decision -  I've seen 20 years+ of one poor decision after another poor decision.  

That jets trade hurt bad.

I disagree.

The price they paid, thread 2nds, a 3rd and the 6OA was an incredibly steep price for 3 slots. Yes they may get their franchise QB, but that player may be rendered ineffective for 2 to 4 years.

Should really be interesting now.  I've said all along I want Mayfield, but I expect Rudolph and that is becoming the case.

Rudolph I completely agree with. And he is a decent grab at 12, better than Jackson in my opinion.

But the key will be those 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds. Buffalo could stack some talent on the O-line and the LB/secondary.

I disagree.

The price they paid, thread 2nds, a 3rd and the 6OA was an incredibly steep price for 3 slots. Yes they may get their franchise QB, but that player may be rendered ineffective for 2 to 4 years.

Rudolph I completely agree with. And he is a decent grab at 12, better than Jackson in my opinion.

But the key will be those 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds. Buffalo could stack some talent on the O-line and the LB/secondary.

Was praying for Rudolph at 22, but that doesn’t seem possible anymore.

I disagree.

I didn’t say it was a reasonable price they paid (because it was a huge price) but it still screwed over the bills. Indy was the logical choice to trade with and now its out. I just don’t see the giants moving out of 2. Therefore the next logical trade partner might be Tampa bay at 7 but what’s the point if the big 3 and likely 4 are off the board by then?

I’d rather trade up for Mayfield or Rosen than settle for either Rudolph or Jackson at 12. Get a legit #1 QB or bust, no more settling and drafting other positions of need.

This. But I don’t see how it happens now unless we trade the farm AND ny giants agree to trade back.

I didn’t say it was a reasonable price they paid (because it was a huge price) but it still screwed over the bills. Indy was the logical choice to trade with and now its out. I just don’t see the giants moving out of 2. Therefore the next logical trade partner might be Tampa bay at 7 but what’s the point if the big 3 and likely 4 are off the board by then?

This. But I don’t see how it happens now unless we trade the farm AND ny giants agree to trade back.

Then trade a farm

And Geno Smith is god awful still

Then trade a farm

And Geno Smith is god awful still

To be honest I would trade the farm too. But it takes 2 to tango. If I was a jets fan I would be thrilled with what their front office did. Cost a ton to move up 3 spots but they’re guaranteed a potential franchise qb.

To be honest I would trade the farm too. But it takes 2 to tango. If I was a jets fan I would be thrilled with what their front office did. Cost a ton to move up 3 spots but they’re guaranteed a potential franchise qb.

None of these guys are Carson Wentz or Luck and that is a huge problem. This is a perfect storm. 4 talented but imperfect QBs w 1 st rd grades and 6+ teams desperate for a long-term starting QB. I don’t envy him this decision.

I understand our desperation. Beane has a solid playoff roster, tons of picks but no QB. Taylor wasn’t the answer. But now what? He has a chance if he uses these picks right to build a great team, but no QB no team. Still can’t throw it all away just to get a flawed QB

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.