Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

16 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Wtf?

Report: Raiders acquire AJ McCarron in trade with Bills 
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1595984

Hope they got 5 o-linemen

I just saw this on FB.  My reaction:  wut.

From the link: 

The 27-year-old will now battle EJ Manuel and Connor Cook for the Raiders' backup job, with Derek Carr firmly entrenched as the starting quarterback.

That's just bizarre.

52 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Wtf?

Report: Raiders acquire AJ McCarron in trade with Bills 
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1595984

Hope they got 5 o-linemen

A 5th round pick and now our starting quarterback is Nathan Peterman and our backup is a rookie, and both of them are going to die behind the O-Line.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

A 5th round pick and now our starting quarterback is Nathan Peterman and our backup is a rookie, and both of them are going to die behind the O-Line.

Beane does realize that the 5th rounder won't be able to be under center this season, right?

Early condolences to the Peterman & Allen families on the untimely demises of their sons.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Wait is anybody actually upset with getting a 5th for McCarron? That’s a good deal. Just bought one, essentially.

No, not at all. It's just one less warm body is all. I fully expect a disaster QB to make multiple appearance for the bills this year. It's gonna be like a real life version of The Running Man back there.

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Wait is anybody actually upset with getting a 5th for McCarron? That’s a good deal. Just bought one, essentially.

While realizing that is a good return for him in a vacuum, forcing Allen into the lineup when Peterman inevitably breaks & getting him broken as well behind this cheesecloth masquerading as an O-line will not have been worth an extra 5th rounder.  IMHO.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

While realizing that is a good return for him in a vacuum, forcing Allen into the lineup when Peterman inevitably breaks & getting him broken as well behind this cheesecloth masquerading as an O-line will not have been worth an extra 5th rounder.  IMHO.

Right. This is what I have an issue with. McCarron was supposed to be a sacrifice.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Josh Allen is a big boy. If he ends up playing this year it won’t be because McCarron isn’t around.

This is untrue. He's raw and undeveloped and needs a good line if we don't want him to end up like Rob Johnson. McCarron and Peterman were supposed to prevent him from being in the lineup at all simply by existing. 

I really don't want Allen seeing playing time with this line. Not if I'm supposed to believe he's the future and not just another plug.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

This is untrue. He's raw and undeveloped and needs a good line if we don't want him to end up like Rob Johnson. McCarron and Peterman were supposed to prevent him from being in the lineup at all simply by existing. 

I really don't want Allen seeing playing time with this line. Not if I'm supposed to believe he's the future and not just another plug.

I don’t think Peterman and McCarron existed to keep Allen off the field. I think they existed for competitive reasons.

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I disagree. But, if that is the case, this team is in even bigger trouble than I thought.

I think this is all a wee bit overdramatic. Anytime you can get a 5th for your third-string QB, you do it.

If they need a body to keep Allen off the field they can add another for free while having an extra 5th.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think this is all a wee bit overdramatic. Anytime you can get a 5th for your third-string QB, you do it.

If they need a body to keep Allen off the field they can add another for free while having an extra 5th.

Agreed. I'm still sitting here in a state of disbelief we got anything for McCarron. He was that bad. 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Um, McCarron was our #1 QB...

That was certainly the assumption when we signed him. But nothing in camp or preseason would point to it still being the case. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Agreed. I'm still sitting here in a state of disbelief we got anything for McCarron. He was that bad. 

That was certainly the assumption when we signed him. But nothing in camp or preseason would point to it still being the case. 

I don't follow. He looked like the #1 QB on a team where the other two QBs are Peterman and a rookie. Were there expectations for him to be better than that? 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I don't follow. He looked like the #1 QB on a team where the other two QBs are Peterman and a rookie. Were there expectations for him to be better than that? 

In what way did McCarron ever look like the number one? If you’re talking about “look” it was Peterman. He’s not flashy and people are still uptight about the San Diego game but he was damn good this preseason. McCarron was never the number one. When they signed him he was a tossup with Peterman at best but it was clear from day one of camp that the coaching staff saw more in Peterman. Peterman proved them right with his play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.