Eichel starting to take over more...

matter2003

Even ROR’s stats are often Jack Linked. ROR has 10 PP points (which Jack was most likely on ice for all 10), including 9 goals of which Jack set up 4 of them. In addition, ROR has 6 even stength points with Jack, including assists on 5 Jack goals and one goal set up by Jack. Looking at just these numbers, at least 40% of ROR’s production has come with Jack on the ice.

So I ask again, wouldn’t is be nice if someone on this team could produce independent of Jack. Obviously having our best offensive players on the PP is a necessity, but I was surprised that at least 28% of ROR even strength assists are when playing with Jack.

Even ROR’s stats are often Jack Linked. ROR has 10 PP points (which Jack was most likely on ice for all 10), including 9 goals of which Jack set up 4 of them. In addition, ROR has 6 even stength points with Jack, including assists on 5 Jack goals and one goal set up by Jack. Looking at just these numbers, at least 40% of ROR’s production has come with Jack on the ice.

So I ask again, wouldn’t is be nice if someone on this team could produce independent of Jack. Obviously having our best offensive players on the PP is a necessity, but I was surprised that at least 28% of ROR even strength assists are when playing with Jack.

You'll have to wait for Lord and Savior Casey Mittelstadt (PBUH) to show up next season. He'll score 100 points even dragging around Pominville's corpse and another bum like Jordan Nolan or whomever (take your pick with this bunch).

i really wish he played hard all season. the beginning of the season was so horrible for everyone on the team, and it looked like they werent even trying. jack has been on fire for so long, he will have great numbers at the end of the season. imagine though if he played this hard all year. 

Hasn't Jack been on the ice with him for most of his goals, though?

They certainly combine for goals at times, like good players on any team do from time to time, but ROR is certainly producing away from Jack, as well.

27 of his 37 points are ES, of which Jack was only involved in 6. Then when you factor in that Jack wasn’t on the scoresheet for all of O’Reilly’s PP points either, and that ROR is every bit the contributing cause as Jack was on some of those PP points, it’s safe to say we are seeing ROR hold up his end of the bargain.

Not to mention on face-offs, and defensively.

i really wish he played hard all season. the beginning of the season was so horrible for everyone on the team, and it looked like they werent even trying. jack has been on fire for so long, he will have great numbers at the end of the season. imagine though if he played this hard all year.

Jack actually had really good offensive numbers to start the season.

Edit: Is it not a crazy stat that O’Reilly has 10 PP points, and all but 1 are goals?

I don’t care what the record says, this team is better than what we were getting from Bylsma last year.

You're going to get a lot of snorting and eye rolls for this, but I do agree.

They're going through the growing pains learning team hockey that should have been gone through in 15-16. The stuff I alluded to in my monster posts from watching another team for a long time. That team has a lot of problems of its own, but they now play the best possession hockey in the NHL, literally. If we can get a team to do that with a Jack Eichel in charge, I like where we can go. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

You're going to get a lot of snorting and eye rolls for this, but I do agree.

They're going through the growing pains learning team hockey that should have been gone through in 15-16. The stuff I alluded to in my monster posts from watching another team for a long time. That team has a lot of problems of its own, but they now play the best possession hockey in the NHL, literally. If we can get a team to do that with a Jack Eichel in charge, I like where we can go.

Exactly. Looking back, Jack’s rookie season was short-term gain for long-term pain.

This team has direction and potential for growth. It can’t yet, but it wants to play with the big boys.

The Bylsma teams were an inbred peasant village huddling behind a wooden stockade praying that the Vikings were going up the other coast this time.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Results aside (and results may well be better with a functional goalie and two more guys who can finish), this team is objectively better at hockey than the teams Disco trotted out. The analytics and eye test show this to be true.

My eye says we still suck pretty awful.

And when analytics actually effects the standings, I might give a crap.

My eye says we still suck pretty awful.

And when analytics actually effects the standings, I might give a crap.

Never said they weren't awful now. They were worse in many respects under the previous regime. And it wasn't going to get better.

Here's the thing, Housley has the team attempting to play hockey as it is in this decade (century would be a bit harsh, but it's close). That's better than where we'd be if XGMTM and Disco were still here. JBOTs do your job..

Never said they weren't awful now. They were worse in many respects under the previous regime. And it wasn't going to get better.

Here's the thing, Housley has the team attempting to play hockey as it is in this decade (century would be a bit harsh, but it's close). That's better than where we'd be if XGMTM and Disco were still here. JBOTs do your job..

Everyone keeps saying this so it must be true.

…some more loudly and more often.

Understandably pessimistic place this Sabrespace but I don't know, the team as a whole just seems to have a little more jump lately. More competitiveness. I still think they are terrible at puck possession and way way too many times you see 4 or even all 5 guys chasing the puck in the same corner of the ice but the compete level has improved from the start of the year (or from last year). 

There's still no depth and they have to learn to play as a unit, as a team, but its a step in the right direction.

This team isn't close to as good as it was last season or the year before.  You are what your record says you are.  That said there is actually more reason for hope then last season.  Jack is growing into a dominate force.  We are closer to getting some of our top prospects in the lineup.  I like Sam's return and I like the addition of Scandella.  We are a step closer to finding our competitive core.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.