Philly Flyers at Buffalo Sabres 12/22/17

jsb

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart dominating tonight

Effort from the whole team has been there.

Botterill is going to have to draft for finish.

Or I guess there's Mittelstadt. Even he leans towards playmaker, but seems to be a natural finisher as well. We can hope.

Can anyone honestly remember a shot from our D making it all the way to the net, let alone past the guys feet who challenges them. Our D is awful.

Yup. Start with Bogosian.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Botterill is going to have to draft for finish.

You ain't kidding. I want the sexiest damn goal scorer in this draft. Don't give a damn about "hockey IQ" or any of the other buzzwords. Put that little sucker in the freaking net. That's it.

You ain't kidding. I want the sexiest damn goal scorer in this draft. Don't give a damn about "hockey IQ" or any of the other buzzwords. Put that little sucker in the freaking net. That's it.

Eichel, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Okposo, Nylander, Grigorenko...it's been one playmaker after another. Kane is the exception but he is a volume scorer. We're looking back to the days of Vanek and Briere to find true natural finishing ability. Hell, even Kotalik knew what he was doing when in alone.

I want a sniper.

And Dmen who can hit the net. I done even want to draft another playmaker unless someone gets traded. Honestly, it makes the Nylander pick look even worse. Can't just go BPA.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Idk he's had a 2:1 A to G ratio at every level, not sure what that means

A 2-1 assist to goal ratio is very common among top playmakers in the NHL. If you are doing that in junior, it's going to lean even more heavily towards playmaking at the pro level. At least from what I've seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.