Carolina at Buffalo Dec. 15, 2017, 7pm, MSG

Eleven

Got a point when we shouldn't have.  Entertainment value was very good.  Got to keep hangin' in with them,

Got sucked back in when I shouldn't have.  Entertainment value was crappy at best until the third.  And keep hanging with who?  The rest of the NHL basement?

Got sucked back in when I shouldn't have.  Entertainment value was crappy at best until the third.  And keep hanging with who?  The rest of the NHL basement?

I'm not trying to be the "conciliatory guy", but I've been watching the Sabres for 47 years.  I used to live and die with them, and even when they lose today, it still hurts.  But my perspective has changed and I think I've earned the right to feel as I do after 47 years.

both the sams were grossly overrated in that draft a few yrs ago

I recall being about the only one around here who favored Draisaitl back in the day. I backed down because everyone around here was enamored with Samson's "hockey IQ"... which at the NHL level seems to translate to "not physical, not fast, doesn't score."  :P

(it was a weak draft overall)

The Bills lose and at least you have a great tailgate with friends and family. The Sabres lose and it continues to be one big waste of time.

Actually, that draft was always considered garbage

The Bills lose and at least you have a great tailgate with friends and family. The Sabres lose and it continues to be one big waste of time.

well it was certainly proven true

Meh.  There was a lot to like about tonight.  Sometimes the bounces don't go your way.  You can choose to look at this loss in the line in addition to the rest of them and feel like crap or you can evaluate the game for the game itself and recognize that there were some positives.

It's another loss.  Yes, it is.

It's a point, which is better than a loss with no points.

The player we've wanted and needed to score had 4 points and has been playing much better.

The team overall is playing better.

It's not where they need to be but it's better than where they were.

I recall being about the only one around here who favored Draisaitl back in the day. I backed down because everyone around here was enamored with Samson's "hockey IQ"... which at the NHL level seems to translate to "not physical, not fast, doesn't score."  :P

(it was a weak draft overall)

:w00t:

Meh.  There was a lot to like about tonight.  Sometimes the bounces don't go your way.  You can choose to look at this loss in the line in addition to the rest of them and feel like crap or you can evaluate the game for the game itself and recognize that there were some positives.

It's another loss.  Yes, it is.

It's a point, which is better than a loss with no points.

The player we've wanted and needed to score had 4 points and has been playing much better.

The team overall is playing better.

It's not where they need to be but it's better than where they were.

Agreed.

The Turtle takes another step forward.

The one team that cleaned up in that relatively weak draft is Nashville. Best drafting team in hockey. They got Kevin Fiala, Vladislav Kamenev who they flipped for Kyle Turris, Viktor Arvidsson (absolute steal in the 4th round), Jack Dougherty who would be an NHL defenseman now if the Preds weren't so loaded on D, ....

Chad Johnson with his usual five against.

I quite liked Chad in his first stint here but he has been god-awful this seaon.

We've talked a lot about the switch Bylsma hockey to Housley hockey exposing goalies, I think we’ve focused too much on the wrong goalie. Maybe Lehner is better than I thought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.