Buffalo at Saint Louis, December 10, 2017, 7pm (MSG)

Eleven

Western Central Rank   Team GP W L OTL SOL GF GA PTS PCT 1   Toledo Walleye 24 14 7 2 1 78 65 31 0.646 2   Fort Wayne Komets 21 13 6 2 0 81 62 28 0.667 3   Cincinnati Cyclones 22 12 9 1 0 61 60 25 0.568 4   Kansas City Mavericks 24 12 12 0 0 70 81 24 0.500 5   Kalamazoo Wings 20 10 8 1 1 65 68 22 0.550 6   Indy Fuel 20 7 10 2 1 58 64 17 0.425 7   Quad City Mallards 21 8 12 1 0 49 74 17 0.405

Any league with a Walleye entry is all right in my book.

I apologize if I have offended you by suggesting that the Sabres maybe a tank team.

Due to my ignorance I made a stupid comment.

Let me start over.

What do you call a team that is almost half way through the season and has only 7 wins.

I'm asking this in all seriousness. If the Sabres continue on and let's say they turn out to have the worst record in the league, is there anything Sabres fans have to look forward to other than humiliation?

Several years ago a team with the worst record would get the first overall pick in the draft. What now?

There is some high end talent that will be available in the Top 5.

All we have is that and the anticipation about how Botterill is going to fix this mess.

I apologize if I have offended you by suggesting that the Sabres maybe a tank team.

Let me start over.

What do you call a team that is almost half way through the season and has only 7 wins.

I'm asking this in all seriousness. If the Sabres continue on and let's say they turn out to have the worst record in the league, is there anything Sabres fans have to look forward to other than humiliation?

Several years ago a team with the worst record would get the first overall pick in the draft. What now?

They are just bad. Insinuating a tank means they tried to be this bad, as much as everyone wants to suck on JBot, he did not come into this season trying to draft as high as possible.

NOW, that being said, the remainder of the season should be selling off assets who aren't going to be here next season. Kane, Pouliot, Gorges, Falk, Etc.

Let me start over.

Haven't offended me at all, didn't mean for that to come off like that

Ink had a good answer for this. We're just bad. Botterill made moves to be good, but we're just bad

They are just bad. Insinuating a tank means they tried to be this bad, as much as everyone wants to suck on JBot, he did not come into this season trying to draft as high as possible.

NOW, that being said, the remainder of the season should be selling off assets who aren't going to be here next season. Kane, Pouliot, Gorges, Falk, Etc.

At the sell off point who should we expect to see filling in for the rest of the season?

If we finish last how does this effect the team rebuild schedule. I got the feeling that the team they put on the ice this year was possibly a playoff team to build around; however, when I hear "sell off assets" I can't help to think that this goes from a 4 year rebuild effort to an eight year rebuild.

Hard to envision this team making it into the playoffs anytime soon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.