GDT Oilers at Sabres 11/24/17 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Why are there still goal judges?

No one ever refers to them on a disputed goal.

Those seats could raise the salary cap.

Not sure if Buffalo still seats them down there.  In 2007 the NHL allowed teams to put goal judges somewhere else in the arena and many now work from the press box.  Given that the light signifies nothing anymore (helloooooo review (or not reviewable)) it's mostly just a symbolic measure.

It was a good game against a crappy team.  Edmonton's defense is worse than Buffalo's and overall the team sucks too.  McDavid did nothing of note but he's been battling an injury from what I read.  Not sure if he's 100%, he sure wasn't tonight.  I think Edmonton is a great example of something REALLY rotten.  At least the Sabres had a conversation on accountability.  Right now Edmonton looks like they couldn't care less about playing the game.

Not sure if Buffalo still seats them down there. In 2007 the NHL allowed teams to put goal judges somewhere else in the arena and many now work from the press box. Given that the light signifies nothing anymore (helloooooo review (or not reviewable)) it's mostly just a symbolic measure.

It was a good game against a crappy team. Edmonton's defense is worse than Buffalo's and overall the team sucks too. McDavid did nothing of note but he's been battling an injury from what I read. Not sure if he's 100%, he sure wasn't tonight. I think Edmonton is a great example of something REALLY rotten. At least the Sabres had a conversation on accountability. Right now Edmonton looks like they couldn't care less about playing the game.

*they made the playoffs last season*

*they made the playoffs last season*

And they suck this year.... as far as I can tell the Sabres weren't playing last year's team.  Also, the Sabres beat them both times last year. All of which mean nothing to the fact that the Oilers are a mess this year and people are waiting for McLellan to get fired.

Why are there still goal judges?

No one ever refers to them on a disputed goal.

Those seats could raise the salary cap.

What LTS said. But I know the judges aren't behind the nets in Buffalo anymore. Unless it's obvious, I wish the goal judge in Buffalo would wait until the ref points to turn the light on. (Hell, I wish the ref would consistently point or wash it out on a close call; I hate the in-betweeners, like Eichel's goal the other night.)

And they suck this year.... as far as I can tell the Sabres weren't playing last year's team. Also, the Sabres beat them both times last year. All of which mean nothing to the fact that the Oilers are a mess this year and people are waiting for McLellan to get fired.

Oh the Oil are in trouble. They have a GM building a team like it's 1994.

What LTS said. But I know the judges aren't behind the nets in Buffalo anymore. Unless it's obvious, I wish the goal judge in Buffalo would wait until the ref points to turn the light on. (Hell, I wish the ref would consistently point or wash it out on a close call; I hate the in-betweeners, like Eichel's goal the other night.)

I guess the goal judge is whoever turns on the light.

I have a Budweiser glass like that.

Only 10 points out of the playoffs. :cry:

If the Sabres win tonight and the masterful Tampa Bay Lightning win in Pittsburgh, make it eight!

I don't know what Doohickie and LTS take (and maybe Eleven in previous years), but I have something and I'm dicing it up with my Amex Card with 100k on it and I'm about to take a straw to it. The straw goes in your mouth, right?

Edited by PASabreFan

If the Sabres win tonight and the masterful Tampa Bay Lightning win in Pittsburgh, make it eight!

I don't know what Doohickie and LTS take (and maybe Eleven in previous years), but I have something and I'm dicing it up with my Amex Card with 100k on it and I'm about to take a straw to it. The straw goes in your mouth, right?

:flirt:

It's a skill.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.