GDT: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, Sept. 27, 2017, 7pm, ON TELEVISION! MSG.

Eleven

I'll be watching Justin Bailey.

I think the organization loves his speed and athleticism and character and wants him to win a job.

His interview this morning said it all: he has to use his speed and by the first guy in, hard on the puck.

I think they believe that as long as he is pushing the pace, he will be an asset to the aggressive speed game they want to play, forcing turnovers and creating space.

Housley has done a good job of forcing him to pay his dues in camp and focus only on the little things while burying him on the fourth line. Tonight he gets a chance.

Edited by dudacek

I'll be watching Justin Bailey.

I think the organization loves his speed and athleticism and character and wants him to win a job.

His interview this morning said it all: he has to use his speed and by the first guy in, hard on the puck.

I think they believe that as long as he is pushing the pace, he will be an asset to the aggressive speed game they want to play, forcing turnovers and creating space.

Housley has done a good job of forcing him to pay his dues in camp and focus only on the little things while burying him on the fourth line. Tonight he gets a chance.

I still think one more year in Roch would be better for him long term than 4th line minutes in Buffalo.    Yeah, he's at an age where he needs to show something, but let him do that in Roch where he'll get more opportunity.   They want to build a winner down there and that doesn't happen with guys like Bailey/Baptiste/etc playing 6 minutes a night in Buffalo.

RJ looks old but sounds pretty good. Marty Biron looks older

I still think one more year in Roch would be better for him long term than 4th line minutes in Buffalo.    Yeah, he's at an age where he needs to show something, but let him do that in Roch where he'll get more opportunity.   They want to build a winner down there and that doesn't happen with guys like Bailey/Baptiste/etc playing 6 minutes a night in Buffalo.

Well he will get penalty kill time which could be significant. That seems like a decent amount of experience, playing the fourth line, moving up in there are injuries and killing penalties

What if Reino at C is all that some here think he is?  And what if he uses that hockey brain and those nifty passes to unlock Bailey's potential?

What if Pouliot reverts to his very solid previous levels of productivity to start the season, and then Nylander returns from injury, seizes the LW spot on Reino's line and makes like prodigal son Jaime Lannister prior to "this'll help you remember?"

That would be a highly compelling 3rd line.

It could happen.

I want to beive this soooooo bad. I just don't see it happening, because Buffalo. But god, if there is one instance I hope against hope I'm wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.