Lost Cat -- North Buffalo

Eleven

Small 10-15 lb cat, light brown/grey with dark stripes.  Green eyes.  Answers to "Frostbite."  Purple collar.  Lost near Delaware and Sanders.  Thanks.

Haven't seen that one. Lots of neighbors' cats around though. You want an orange & white one as a replacement? With the amount of time it spends here, can't believe the neighbor'll miss it. :devil:

Good luck finding yours. Hope it turns up.

Small 10-15 lb cat, light brown/grey with dark stripes.  Green eyes.  Answers to "Frostbite."  Purple collar.  Lost near Delaware and Sanders.  Thanks.

Good luck. I've had cats wonder off and come home days later. Once when I was a kid my cat hid under a porch that was being rebuilt and got scared when they started working on it again so she got trapped under there. No problem you'd think, she would start crying at some point, but the guy was deaf! About two weeks later he saw her paw reaching out and we rescued her skinny (not 15 pounds!) ass and took real good care of her after that. That was also in North Buffalo on Wellington road. So don't give up hope.

Problem is, she (and my girlfriend, her "human") only moved into their apartment on Sept 1.  So she (the cat not my girlfriend) might not know the neighborhood, etc.

They still have a way of finding their way back.  As kids we had indoor cats.  Both got out one day.  Never been outside before, so they didn't know the neighborhood at all.   One came back the next day.  The other came back many weeks later.

They still have a way of finding their way back.  As kids we had indoor cats.  Both got out one day.  Never been outside before, so they didn't know the neighborhood at all.   One came back the next day.  The other came back many weeks later.

Thanks.  I'm going to share this with her (girlfriend not cat) if/when she wakes up.  It will comfort her; she's been a wreck all week.

Problem is, she (and my girlfriend, her "human") only moved into their apartment on Sept 1. So she (the cat not my girlfriend) might not know the neighborhood, etc.

Did she move from fairly near by? One of my cats actually found her way back to our old house multiple times after we moved. It was a good couple miles, but she went back and was hanging outside the old house.

Did she move from fairly near by? One of my cats actually found her way back to our old house multiple times after we moved. It was a good couple miles, but she went back and was hanging outside the old house.

This is a good point.  She should canvas her old neighborhood.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem is, she (and my girlfriend, her "human") only moved into their apartment on Sept 1.  So she (the cat not my girlfriend) might not know the neighborhood, etc.

For what it's worth, when I moved in where I am now, I dropped the cat off in the barn a week before we moved in. When we did, I realized sadly the cat had gone. More than 2 months later, I opened the door and to my surprise there was cash (cats name), with a broken tail but back nonetheless. And bigger. Must have been chowing down on field mice.

Not sure how city cats do, but in my case he was gone for months, after only being here a few days and still found the way home. They are mighty instinctive. And I would imagine those city rats make an even better meal than tiny cornfield mice.

Bump ...

Any news?

I am so hoping for a happy ending.

Also, in light of your post concerning being single I encourage you to just keep the cat when she returns ...  :devil: , I mean ...  :angel:  ... maybe  :ph34r:

We think some people found the cat--but it appears that the out-of-state couple who fond her are reluctant to return her.  Not returning phone calls or texts.  Aggravating.

Reminds me of the time our cat started to disappear for extended periods.

My kids were around 10 at the time and for some reasons became suspicious of the grouchy neighbour lady.

Finally they went and knocked at the door. The lady opened it a crack and denied any knowledge.

But they could hear the cat inside.

Must have had a crisis of conscience because the cat came back later that day.

My wife started feeding a little stray last fall. She had obvious trouble eating so we took her in and brought her to the vet. Little Bear(looks like an Asian Bear) had a large growth on her tongue and a few other issues. She was also chipped! Vet called the owner who admitted dropping her off at my neighbors barn. Since she didn’t belong to us we couldn’t get her the surgery she needed. The owner didn’t want to give up ownership and requested she be euthanized. After a day of pleading with the bitch she finally agreed we could keep the cat. Little Bear is healthy, happy and one little spitfire of a kitty. Some people are just giant douchebags.

We think some people found the cat--but it appears that the out-of-state couple who fond her are reluctant to return her.  Not returning phone calls or texts.  Aggravating.

What in the world? 

My wife started feeding a little stray last fall. She had obvious trouble eating so we took her in and brought her to the vet. Little Bear(looks like an Asian Bear) had a large growth on her tongue and a few other issues. She was also chipped! Vet called the owner who admitted dropping her off at my neighbors barn. Since she didn’t belong to us we couldn’t get her the surgery she needed. The owner didn’t want to give up ownership and requested she be euthanized. After a day of pleading with the bitch she finally agreed we could keep the cat. Little Bear is healthy, happy and one little spitfire of a kitty. Some people are just giant douchebags.

What in the world?

Reminds me of the time our cat started to disappear for extended periods.

My kids were around 10 at the time and for some reasons became suspicious of the grouchy neighbour lady.

Finally they went and knocked at the door. The lady opened it a crack and denied any knowledge.

But they could hear the cat inside.

Must have had a crisis of conscience because the cat came back later that day.

What in the world?

I would be showing up at they're front door...

And not leaving without the cat.

What kind of person won't return an animal they know is somebody else's?

I would be showing up at they're front door...

And not leaving without the cat.

What kind of person won't return an animal they know is somebody else's?

I knew some people who did this. Their rationale was "we're not giving her back because they were obviously neglectful in letting her get out".

No amount of logic and saying "mistakes happen, give back their damn cat" helped. 

People get super super weird about animals. It's why I know so few people who last volunteering at a regular animal shelter. You see some of the best of humanity and a lot of the worst. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.