Training camp questions #15: what will be the Housley effect?

dudacek

Nope. He's off the cap after this season if we don't buy him out. No relief from sending him down. Dude is a warrior who turned a trade to the Laffs to come here; deserves much better.

We deserve better as fans. 40 some odd years of nothing. I give no for a millionaires feels over not being good enough for my team.

We deserve better as fans. 40 some odd years of nothing. I give no ###### for a millionaires feels over not being good enough for my team.

There's a long game reason to not treat veterans like dirt. My point: even if he never sees the ice at NHL level this season, parking him in the minors after camp is fine. He's not getting picked up on waivers. If he rides the press box that's fine too. Or, if he proves to be useful in some way then let him do that (third part at best). Parking him in AHL camp from the start is silly. JBOT is going to have to delicately handle a few ridiculous contracts inherited from XGMTM. Gorges is an afterthought already.

Gorges won't see the ice unless he earns it under the current administration. He'll count against the cap while we have room. Why we're emoting about this one day into camp... ugh.

Anyone else worried we don't have the goaltender for this system? I like (don't love) Lehner. With our aggressive style it will inevitably lead to many odd man rushes per game which Lehner is notoriously poor in. I love this style and I know I will be more entertained this year but I wonder if we will be losing several 6-4 games, atleast early on. I think the big Johnston may be starting by December.

Just something running through my mind 4 glasses of wine in on a September night....

This is an interesting point. My hope is Lehner continues to improve. He made great strides last year. I'm sure Jbot is concerned about this as well which is why he signed Johnson and made sure we didn't lose Ullmark. Edited by GASabresFan

TPegs was sold on the idea of the MCEichel era in Buffalo Sabres history being the salvation of Hockey Heaven. Bad optic if anyone other than Jack is wearing tbe C in thenow Eichel Era.

Bad optic indeed. Speaking of optics, I really need to order a new supply of contacts.

Anyone else worried we don't have the goaltender for this system? I like (don't love) Lehner. With our aggressive style it will inevitably lead to many odd man rushes per game which Lehner is notoriously poor in. I love this style and I know I will be more entertained this year but I wonder if we will be losing several 6-4 games, atleast early on. I think the big Johnston may be starting by December.

Just something running through my mind 4 glasses of wine in on a September night....

I agree 100%. I've brought up this same concern in a few other threads. What happens if CJ becomes the starter? How will Lehner react... with his volatile personality, and on a one year deal, he won't be happy.

Totally agree on the Lehner thing. I mentioned in another thread that Housley's system might take us a step backwards before two steps forward. Nashville had Rinne to bail them out on odd man rushes, no idea how Lehner is going to be this year but I have always thought he is not what Murray thought he would become when he overpaid for him. Goalies are weird though, maybe this is the year he finally puts it all together...........

Housley has put up or allowed to be put a giant stuffed Buffalo head in the dressing room.

Any truth to the rumour it occasionally makes Statler and Waldorf-esque wisecracks between periods about gardening gloves, whiteboards and kumpeet?

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.